Printable parts for 2x Laser Cutter on Thingiverse

Bearings/Motors/Belts/Gears/Etc.

Printable parts for 2x Laser Cutter on Thingiverse

Postby kenho » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 pm

I posted the parts I printed to thingiverse here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31147#

Test print any bearing parts first before printing all! Note that I made a different design for the table lift to avoid special hardware nut. Table is moving fine. Test and adjust this as needed.
kenho

Re: Printable parts for 2x Laser Cutter on Thingiverse

Postby JakeS » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:34 pm

This is great! I think I over-tensioned my gantry belt and the plastic on the X gantry idler cracked and tore- now I can just print a new one. Just what I needed. Thanks Ken!
Jake

kenho wrote:I posted the parts I printed to thingiverse here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31147#

Test print any bearing parts first before printing all! Note that I made a different design for the table lift to avoid special hardware nut. Table is moving fine. Test and adjust this as needed.
JakeS

Postby kenho » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Not a problem, make sure to review any parts and your particular build/needs. Every thing works on mine, but people should be aware that things may vary - included the sketchup file if you need to tweak for your particular project.
kenho

Postby Enraged » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:16 pm

thanks for posting this! I've been playing around with modelling some modified 2.x parts, but yours are much cleaner than what I have so far.
Enraged

Postby kbob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Total awesomeness! I was just starting to convert these to 3D printables. Now I don't have to.

Thanks.
Bob
"If you didn't code it, it will never own you." (-:
kbob

Postby kbob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm

The Z table lift has a space for a hex nut, which is very nice. Is there a particular material/grade of hex nut that would give smoother movement than your garden variety $0.19 hardware store nut? Otherwise, I am off to the garden variety/hardware store at lunchtime.

Thanks.
Bob
"If you didn't code it, it will never own you." (-:
kbob

Postby kenho » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 pm

kbob,

The hex nut space took two tries even with the calipers. And then I ran out of the hex nut I was using as a model and had no idea where I got it, switched to another, which of course wasn't the same profile.

I've run the z axis using this design and it seems fine. With the 4 lead screws in, and the bearings in place, there's no movement noticeable. But of course, test one model before printing all 8.

As for printing itself, I've printed my last piece, the holsters for the laser which arrived a couple of weeks ago. Tried to make it as structurally streamlined as possible. With set screws and tube in, no wiggle I can perceive. Finishing up with the DSP. Any day now....if anybody wants the design, I can post...
Attachments
IMG_0341.JPG
kenho

Return to Mechatronics