Enrageds Hadron Build and random thoughts

Post your build logs here

Re: Enrageds Hadron Build and random thoughts

Postby Enraged » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:25 am

I couldnt get it working consistantly with PLA. It would be ok free air, but then I would go to print and it wouldn't flow consitantly, or simply get jammed.

I never had a problem with my previous wades and jhead, that's why I'm switching back. I might try something different for my next printer, might build a delta printer of some sort.

The qubd not working is less to me about the cost, and more the giant waste of time it's been. Waiting for it to arrive after the Kickstarter closed, then waiting for new parts to try to get it to work. If I had been using ABS it probably would have been fine, but I'm using exclusively PLA.
Enraged

Postby mikegrundvig » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 am

The qubd not working is less to me about the cost, and more the giant waste of time it's been. Waiting for it to arrive after the Kickstarter closed, then waiting for new parts to try to get it to work.
I agree totally. This is exactly why I switched to the Plastruder.
mikegrundvig

Postby Enraged » Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 am

So if my steps/mm for my extruder is damn near perfect, why am I extruding too much plastic? I have a 0.35mm Jhead, and I followed a guide that said to set it as 0.31 in Slic3r. My issue is that on solid layers, it's extruding too much plastic, and I've had prints fail because the nozzle gets caught on the print and knocks it or the glass loose. Any tips?
Enraged

Postby Enraged » Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 am

Work in progress, ACME nut mounts for the ORDbot.
Attachments
Ordbot_ACME_Nut_Mount_1.jpg
Enraged

Postby Enraged » Fri May 17, 2013 4:05 am

Here's the second one printed.

To speak to how well built the Hadron is, while it was printing the second mount, I left the room. I came back just as it was finishing the last 2 layers, and it had walked itself nearly off of my desk. I was amazed it hadn't fallen onto the floor, but the print was perfect!
Attachments
Ordbot_ACME_Nut_Mount_2.jpg
Enraged

Postby Enraged » Wed May 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Printed the top mounts and installed all the parts this weekend. Took awhile to get the alignment right, and I might do a revision of the nuts. If I tighten the two M5 screws that hold the nuts to the gantry, it seems to twist them just enough so the steppers miss steps. I can either leave them slightly loose, or I'll have to figure out a way to let them flex/self align.

The top mounts just keep the screw from whipping. The screws have top bearings, but due to an incorrect bore on one of the aluminum flex couplers, the left screw sits higher than the right, so I made this simple solution to get it running. Here's the top mounts:

Ordbot_ACME_Top_Mount_1.jpg

Just need to recalibrate the firmware for the new steps/mm, relevel the gantry and bed, and do some test printed.
Enraged

Postby Winder » Thu May 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Are you planning to publish these on thingiverse? I'm particularly interested in the nut mount, yours looks much nicer than the one I made by hand out of aluminum angle to get my printer up and running:

Winder

Postby Enraged » Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Yes I'll post them once it's complete. I printed some handwheels for the top of the screws last night (makes it much easier to adjust the gantry) but they were too weak, so I'm printing a revised model tonight. I'm considering making a new motor mount too. I have the original ones and they have quite a bit of flex in them.
Enraged

Postby jammer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:47 am

Enraged,

How are your printed nut mounts and ACME Rod working out? Those mounts look great. Have you posted the design yet?
jammer

Postby Enraged » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:21 pm

I actually haven't used my hadron in awhile. I got a new computer and haven't gotten around to transfering the settings over.

If I have time this weekend I'll post the models. It works well, but I think my Makerslide wheels are too tight on one side, so I need to do some tweaking.
Enraged

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs