The handle plate I had does not have an Azteeg X3 mounting pattern. As I tried to locate the contrloller on the plate, I noticed that it is a little taller than most, so it did not leave much room for clean wiring.
As part of my "it's not worth doing unless you over do it" style I decided to do a new handle plate that is a little taller. I tried a bunch of ideas, but I really liked the last idea I came up with.
The handle plate is made out of two pieces. One pices is pretty stock only about 20mm taller. The second piece is a piece of 1/2" thick HDPE with a large pocket cut into it. The top piece hides all the wiring. This should be cleaner than any other ORD Bot I have made to date.
Here are the two parts. The part on the left is the cover and has the pocket. It has a hole in it for the X3 and there are little reliefs for the wiring to route under it. The edge of the pocket has a chamfer on it to help prevent wire pinches. The chamfer has a bad reflection on the left side in the photo.
The X3 mounts on spacers, so it is flush with the surface. That allows the USB, SD Card and power to easily attach. I have a few wires faked in. Hopefully the cover can easily remove without any disconnections for service and upgrades.
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."