OrdBot Hadron - RepRapDiscount

Post your build logs here

Re: OrdBot Hadron - RepRapDiscount

Postby Panopticon » Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 pm

"No problem about the hall endstops, have a look on my ORD Bot, if you have them, just download the STL file and print the holder"

Hi Reprapdiscount,

I'm currently building one of your kits I purchased and I like those hall end-stop holders, they should be okay to use on the Y-axis extrusion as well?

Thanks!
Panopticon

Postby Gadroc » Mon May 13, 2013 1:39 pm

SystemsGuy wrote:I'm currently running on MXL belts and pulleys, but I've got GT2's that I'll probably toss on at some point in the future - I do want to try some high speed backlash test before swapping though - in theory the GT2 tooth profile should provide less backlash..

Did you ever do this testing? I've got GT2 pulleys sitting here and was wondering if it was worth while to order some belt and switch over.
Gadroc

Postby SystemsGuy » Mon May 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Hey Gadrick - I did - or more accurately, I did partially. I needed to work on my extruder, and ended up pulling the x--carriage off - so I replaced the pulley and popped on the GT2's.

I was not able to measure any appreciable difference between the MXL's and the GT2's. I'm sure that under higher speed / higher load there may be a measurable difference, but I didn't see it. I also didn't really push the jerk or acceleration much higher to test, as regardless of the belt type I was running into mechanical vibrations / ringing that was not related to the belts.

So - no - ;-) Save the pulleys for something else.

Gadroc wrote:
SystemsGuy wrote:I'm currently running on MXL belts and pulleys, but I've got GT2's that I'll probably toss on at some point in the future - I do want to try some high speed backlash test before swapping though - in theory the GT2 tooth profile should provide less backlash..

Did you ever do this testing? I've got GT2 pulleys sitting here and was wondering if it was worth while to order some belt and switch over.
SystemsGuy

Postby brbubba » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 pm

I see they are still using the flawed rollers with a single contact point which are prone to massive alignment issues. I gave up on my original ordbot after realizing I'd have to re-engineer those rollers. Thankfully the OpenBuilds guys came out with a new system which should resolve many of the issues I had. I would highly suggest they redo this kit with openbuild V-slots all around, otherwise it is a massive waste of time and money. Additionally there are many on the openbuilds community page that have built very similar setups using v-slot product with full parts lists and you could probably have a bigger build plate while saving yourself some money.
brbubba

Previous

Return to Build Logs