Flickerfly's ORD Bot Hadron Build Log

Post your build logs here

Repetier Firmware 0.91 Config

Postby flickerfly » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:40 pm

I've recently upgraded my Repetier Firmware to 0.91. Attached is the configuration.h for folks who are interested in putting together a similar bot.
Attachments
Configuration.h
Repetier Firmware 0.91 Configuration.h
(19.4 KiB) Downloaded 1199 times
flickerfly

Re: Flickerfly's ORD Bot Hadron Build Log

Postby flickerfly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:04 pm

A few more tweaks to get a few more things working right. It should be noted that I have it setup to turn itself off after a certain number of seconds of inactivity. This works with mechanical endstops with the Y homed to MAX and the X and Z homed to min, but using the MAX pins.
Attachments
Configuration.h
Repetier Firmware 0.91 Configuration.h (2nd Edition)
(19.41 KiB) Downloaded 1221 times
flickerfly

Lessons Learned: New mount for extruder, good results

Postby flickerfly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:20 pm

My last attempt at extruder mounting took me backwards. The new mount used a weaker mount and smaller stepper. With the direct drive EZstruder, it just wouldn't keep up. I found a nice peace of beautiful hardwood scrap and rebuilt my mount again now with fan mounts on bot sides. Now my printer is doing better than ever on the first 15mm calibration block. I'm super pleased. The cooling certainly has a big part of it, but the bigger stepper for the direct drive extruder is also helpful and I wonder if the mount being across the entire shelf add a certain amount of stability to it.

This one also makes room for a dual extruded setup in the future, maybe even three extruders.

Here's a few shots of the new mount made entirely on the table saw.

I need to work a bit on my heatedbed temperature. I also have some wiggle in my X and Y still, just a bit. I think I'll be printing a couple new mounts soon to deal with that.
flickerfly

Previous

Return to Build Logs