Hadron Ordbot

Post your build logs here

Hadron Ordbot

Postby va3mw » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi all

I thought I would share my events. I order the Hadron a few months ago, but I have finally started to get around to building it.

The kit is pretty completed, but I have yet to pick a hotend. I am thinking Wade's. Most of my printing will be 3MM ABS.

Since it assembles so quickly, I thought I would start with a quick assembly so I could get an idea on the holes and just how I was going to manage the wires.

One of the first things I want to do is to replace the mounts for the X-Motor. I am printing a new mount with my Mixshop G1.

More to come!

Mike
Attachments
IMG_2484.JPG
Printing a better X Motor mount
IMG_2483.JPG
Just placing the parts
va3mw

Re: Hadron Ordbot

Postby flickerfly » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:20 pm

What are you using for the electronics?
flickerfly

Re: Hadron Ordbot

Postby va3mw » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:38 pm

For electronics, I will be using a Ramps 1.4.

Some notes for those just starting. These are the obvious things once you have done it before. :)

The 420mm piece has 1 end tapped for the legs. This is at the far end from the hole if you are hiding your wiring.

On the 370mm piece, I drilled a third hole 40mm in from the other end so I could pass the other Z wires through this hole and up to the controller card.

For springs, I found some at Home Depot in Canada. They are used for screen doors, and while overkill, they should do the job. You'll have to trim them down to get a clean end, but they will work.

I am now struggling with trying to get a Wade's extruder mated with a Budaschnozzle, so if anyone has a picture of one, I would love to see how you get them mounted together for 3mm ABS. I must be missing something very obvious.

Onward!

Mike
va3mw

Buda head and Wade's extruder

Postby va3mw » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Pictures help. :)

You can see from the Buda head and the Extruder I printed (my other printer is a Mixshop G1).

I guess my worries are do I need to have a 3mm tunnel all the way from the extruder to the hot end, or is it ok if that doesn't exist. Can I live with a bigger opening?

I can print something out of ABS if required, but do I need to worry about the heat being ducted up enough to the adapter to cause it to fail?

Nothing seems to fit perfectly. The mount on the Hot End is just a little too big to fit in the round opening on the mounting plate of the Hadron.

I guess my question is, how critical is this? I gather that pressure from the extruder could cause the filament to buckle between the extruder and the hot end if it is not a solid pathway.

Comments welcomed.

Mike
Attachments
IMG_2488.jpg
The backside
IMG_2487.JPG
The Extruder parts
va3mw

Return to Build Logs