Edmond's Buildlog.net Laser Build in SA

Post your build logs here

Re: Edmond's Buildlog.net Laser Build in SA

Postby edmond22 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 pm

While the rand to dollar exchange was good, I ordered the laser tube and power supply from love-happy shopping on ebay, they were really well priced.
edmond22

Postby edmond22 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Anyone know how long love-happyshopping take to send tracking numbers, I ordered the tube and PS on Thursday but have recieved no tracking number yet.
I assembled the laser car and the Y plates with the V wheels.
My mirror/lens kit and milliammeter should be out of customs and waiting at my local post office by the weekend so hopefully I can collect that really soon.
I also got a water pump and an air pump the weekend.
Extrusions and brackets have been despatched for delivery sometime in the week.
edmond22

Postby BenJackson » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:34 pm

I got the tracking number about 2 days before the tube arrived after I specifically requested it. The PSU actually took another day (which unfortunately fell over a holiday).
BenJackson

Postby edmond22 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:42 pm

BenJackson wrote:I got the tracking number about 2 days before the tube arrived after I specifically requested it. The PSU actually took another day (which unfortunately fell over a holiday).

Did you just email them requesting it or sent them a message via Ebay.
They claim to send the tracking number within 24hrs after shipping I saw that on Ebay now.
edmond22

Postby BenJackson » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:02 pm

I sent them a message through eBay. There's no way they emailed automatically as claimed because the package arrived too quickly afterwards.

Each time I make an inquiry it takes at least a day for them to reply. That's the main thing holding up my build now: They're talking to their factory about the fitting I had that snapped off. I guess I could have just ignored the possibility of replacement and bought a new one and I'd have a tube by now...
BenJackson

Postby edmond22 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:10 am

They dont even reply to my messages, so much for the good feedback they recieve.
That automatic emailing thing is a load of BS
If they dont come thru guess im gonna have to lodge a complaint against them as this was a lot of money I spent.
edmond22

Postby LeonS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 am

My package from LHS arrived on the sixth business day after ordering. I got a link and tracking number after I asked for it. The tracking number never revealed any useful information. They ship via local delivery service providers (USPS for me) as soon as it reaches the destination country, so the international shipper probably doesn't even know the delivery details.

It isn't as smooth a process as ordering locally, but LHS has done pretty well by most of us who have ordered from them. The delivery details are hard to get but the delivery comes rapidly considering it came from China.

Hope things go well once you get your package,
Leon
LeonS

Postby edmond22 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm

I will give them a chance, they did send me a message saying the person who deals with the shipping was off sick so they will get back to me tomorrow.

Got my brackets today for the alu profiles delivered to my door from RS Components, they are really a good company to deal with, they kept me updated all the time about my order status, the profiles should be here friday this week, coming from their UK branch so maybe I can start building the frame this weekend. :D
edmond22

Postby edmond22 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Got a email from love-happyshopping but its bad news, I need to add another $197 for shipping the laser tube and another $27 for the PSU :(
I might have to put this project on hold as I simply can not afford to spend another $197 +$27 this works out to about R1525 im my currency, I only just had enough funds as it is before the extra shipping costs came along.
I have invested way too much money in this project already to shelf it, but will try tomake a plan to see it finished :(
edmond22

Postby edmond22 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 pm

I fetched the optics kit and current meter today at the post office today, the mirror mounts and focus lens mount are nicely made and the current meter is tiny.
Should be expecting my driver/interface board and timing belts anyday now from Bart.
I have just ordered the laser tube power supply from love-happyshopping and asked them to refund me the money for the laser tube.
edmond22

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs