How to get started.

Post questions about build logs here

How to get started.

Postby bdring » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 pm

We have a few people asking about creating their own forum based buildlogs. The system is ready to go. You just need to follow the steps below.

1. Authorization You need to be authorized to create a new topic on the "Build Logs" forum. Simply request this by sending me a message or email. You will know if you are authorized when you see the New Topic button in the forum.

2. Create a new topic. The subject of the topic should be the name you want to use for you build log. Try to make it a little descriptive and unique to your build. If you are retrofitting an XYZ laser, don't call it XYZ Laser or XYZ Laser Retrofit. Calling it Bob's XYZ Laser retrofit would be better (assuming there is a Bob involved). The first topic should be a description and overview of your build.

3. Add Entries. Add new posts everytime you want to add to the build log.

4. Comments If someone adds a comment or suggestion you want to respond to, simply add a reply. At the beginning of your reply use the comment BBCode button to tag this as a comment.

comment_bbcode.png
comment_bbcode.png (6.01 KiB) Viewed 24006 times

The system has a lot of flexibility, so I can make changes on the fly. I am sure there are things we will need to change as we get going. If there is a problem, just send me a note or post something in this forum. I can make the changes and we can always edit previous posts.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: How to get started.

Postby flickerfly » Sat May 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Either I misunderstand, or anyone with an approved account can now post a buildlog, no need for special authorization anymore. I haven't requested it and I do have the New Topic button in the Build Log forum. Is that accurate?
flickerfly

Return to Questions and Discussions about Build Logs