Assembly questions

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

Re: MakerSlide

Postby mlconti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Can someone post a photo of the dual shaft carrier bearing holders attached to the MakerSlide? All the photos online seem to be the DIY version of the MakerSlide. TIA

A pic is worth 1000 words - someone chime in and tell me where the bracket is designed to be attached too - see photo
Attachments
2012-11-20 17.56.04.jpg
Notice MakerSlide has no bottom Groove (far end)
If you can think of it, I can Automate it!
mlconti

Re: Assembly questions

Postby greenvandan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 am

I put mine the other way around, slot down, then used the narrow corners (asymmetrical L shape) from Misumi to connect the top bar. The small L is not as strong but the top bar gets tied in with the tube brackets and mirror bracket so it winds up pretty solid.

Edit: I think that's how it's spec'd in the drawings, if you've downloaded those you can take a look at the pics there.
greenvandan

Postby mlconti » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:06 am

greenvandan wrote:I put mine the other way around, slot down, then used the narrow corners (asymmetrical L shape) from Misumi to connect the top bar. The small L is not as strong but the top bar gets tied in with the tube brackets and mirror bracket so it winds up pretty solid.

How do you connect the cross bar - where the drive motor and Z lifts attach?
mlconti

Postby greenvandan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 am

That's what I was referring to as the top bar. I put the L-bracket vertically, so bottom of cross bar to slot in the makerslide. I found the drawing with the count of the insertion nuts to be really accurate and informative as to how things fit together. ex. the cross bar lists 3 insertion nuts in the bottom groove. http://www.buildlog.net/documents/d30027_rev_5.pdf
greenvandan

Postby bdring » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 am

The answer is on the frame drawing.

There is also a wiki page for the frame assembly.

http://www.buildlog.net/wiki/doku.php?i ... e_assembly

I added an FAQ to that page with the answers.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby mlconti » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:32 am

greenvandan wrote:That's what I was referring to as the top bar. I put the L-bracket vertically, so bottom of cross bar to slot in the makerslide. I found the drawing with the count of the insertion nuts to be really accurate and informative as to how things fit together. ex. the cross bar lists 3 insertion nuts in the bottom groove. http://www.buildlog.net/documents/d30027_rev_5.pdf

Thanks - I will just modify the cast brackets - I appreciate the info!
mlconti

Previous

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.