ViKi LCD

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Re: ViKi LCD

Postby gyrogearloose » Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 am

bloomingtonmike wrote:http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?94,144780,201367#msg-201367

Read that thread.

Wired1 has it figured out. Mine worked 1st try. I am trying an 8gb sd card though and I can see the files but cannot select them.

Fair enough, I am trying to hook up to an X1 board though.
gyrogearloose

Re: ViKi LCD

Postby royco » Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 am

Hi Guys,

As usual, late to the party again.

Ok so here the info on Viki. Repetier works really well and Marlin seems to be a ok with the X3, RAMPS, etc. On the Sanguino based boards like the X1, Sanguinololu and Gen 7 its a bit of a mess with the latest versions of Marlin. It does work with still with Lincomatic's fork which unfortunately not the latest version. Im getting help from Robert FC(buildrob) to try to figure it out since there has been a lot of changes since Lincomatics working version.

So I have attached a pre-configured Marlin for viki (preconfigured by Wired1 for X3) and a preconfigured lincomatic's version for viki (for X1) . Also attached are the suggested pins to use for the viki.

For other controllers please use the pin chart as guidance, in most cases you can assign a different digital pin than suggested. The Pin chart is still a work in progress as I dont have access to the other boards, if you have one of those boards without any entries I would like to know what you used to get it working.

Also, dont forget to install LiquidTWI2 library to compile the firmware. Required for Marlin only.
https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2

Again,this is a workaround until the merge is complete and the bugs on Sanguino based boards has been worked out.

Thanks.

Roy
Attachments
Viki LCD pins for various controllers.xlsx
Pin Suggestions
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
Lincomatic_viki_X1.zip
For X1
(302.36 KiB) Downloaded 740 times
Marlin_viki_x3.zip
For X3
(183.85 KiB) Downloaded 797 times