I'm Back

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

I'm Back

Postby bdring » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I am sorry that I had to step away from Buildlog.net for a while. The company I worked for got sold. I did not like the direction they were going, so I quit the day they closed. The new owner freaked out a bit when the Engineering Manager quit so they hired me back as a consultant for a few weeks. I already had another (awesome) job lined up with Inventables, so I had to juggle two jobs for a while. Adding Buildlog.net, the MakerSlide Store and running the hackerspace CNC stuff in too, something had to give. I decided to close the MakerSlide store and take a 2 month break from daily Buildlog.net posting for a while.

Things are pretty much done at the old job now so I can start to return to "normal". The only casualty will be the MakerSlide Store. It does not make sense to run that as well as work for Inventables.

Inventables is an awesome opportunity. I wear a lot of hats there, including growing the product line and working on new projects. I get to work with my good friend Edward Ford (ShapeOko) and we are doing adding cool new DIY CNC things every day. I am also working on some really cool new original products with an amazing team of Engineers, Programmers and Designers. Stay tuned for some announcements of some really disruptive CNC products.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: I'm Back

Postby orcinus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Nice to hear!
The only downside to all of this that i see is Inventables' shipping prices :P
orcinus

Postby bdring » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Very soon shipping prices should drop for most people.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby bobt » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:57 am

Bart - would one of those disruptive project be a cnc plasma cutting system like someone built on this log for less than $1000.00 in kit form. I have been trying to collect parts to see what can be done based upon some of the information on this board. :D

Bob
"What Box"
bobt

Return to General Discussion