$150 Free Product from Misumi

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Re: $150 Free Product from Misumi

Postby wmgeorge » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 pm

I think it always costs more when you put a shipment into more than one box. You pay "X" for just shipping a package and then the size and weight is factored in.

However I just got my first order in from LightObject and my only complaint is its packed too well! Not really but he went out of his way to make sure nothing got broke and it came in just two jam packed boxes. :D
Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Postby cvoinescu » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:25 am

What you say is true for small-volume shippers, but for larger volumes, multiple boxes in one consignment are the norm and cost only a little more than separate boxes. It makes sense: they're all collected together so that doesn't cost extra, the extra database records cost practically nothing, handling them at the depot takes only marginally longer and it's mostly automated anyway, and delivery takes only seconds more than a single box (the driver comes to your house only once and delivers them all in one go).
cvoinescu

Postby Chankster » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:53 am

However, when you ship 4 lengths of slot covers there's no need to put two in one cardboard tube and two in another tube. (They would all easily fit in tube half the size)
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby wmgeorge » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

And the long larger box that had only 10 pc's and room for 10 more was shipped with a long tube like Clankster with only 2 pcs exactly the same the same as the large box?? The large box had a slip on extension to make it longer, friction fit, no tape? Not too many lights are turned on in the attic.
Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Postby wmgeorge » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Finally got my card charged today and turns out the shipping for both orders was only $28.01 and that's a fair price. Did not get my promotional credit yet but the charges against my card are pending and I assume when they are finally cleared I will get something. Not at all un-happy at this point. The aluminum and brackets are first class stuff. :D
wmgeorge

Postby Enraged » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Just recieved my invoice, the $150 discount doesn't show but should be taken into account when my card gets charged.

Shipping wasn't cheap, but overall this was a good deal. This stuff will let me expand my Shapeoko 1 to cut at least 12"x24" with a nice flat aluminum T slot table.

Enraged

Postby r691175002 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 pm

I placed an order for 156$ in timing pulleys (GT3, 24 Tooth), which arrived in an appropriately small box. I didn't get an invoice but math puts the shipping at around 15$ (to Canada) which is pretty much right in line with what I'd expect.

I've been telling some of my friends about the deal and I suspect its going to get quite some use among members of the university robotics club.
r691175002

Previous

Return to General Discussion