$150 Free Product from Misumi

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Re: $150 Free Product from Misumi

Postby evil2002usna » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:47 pm

The makerslide can be found on inventables in various different lengths. http://www.inventables.com
evil2002usna

Postby evil2002usna » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am

As promised, I wanted to follow up with my experience with Misumi. I placed my order a couple of weeks ago with Misumi using the Buildlog150 code. I placed an order for approximately $151.00. I am fortunate that I am a Chicago resident which is close to where Misumi's North American Corporate Office and fulfillment center are located. I was able to avoid any shipping costs by picking my order up at Will Call at the fullfillment cetner. I picked up my order prior to receiving any invoices or being charged. There was no issues at pickup. I had to wait a week before I finally saw the invoice. I was finally charged today and as promised, the $150 was subtracted from my credit card charge. Overall, I ended up paying $13.00 for tax and 1 dollar for charges over the $150.00. This was a really awesome deal and while the administrative process is a little slow, you really can't complain for $150 of free stuff. Thanks to Brooke and Misumi for this awesome deal. For those of you holding out, it is totally legit so don't be afraid.
evil2002usna

Postby naPS » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Man, I really, really, really want to use Misumi, but the website is so broken, it's unusable.

I've placed a few orders with them before, and I've always had to generate a Quote and submit it because the pricing was always goofy. Now I can't even do that. I called and tried to place an order over the phone, and they won't let me. What a bummer.

I'm not sure it's possible for them to make the site any more difficult to use. Whoever's doing their store backend should be fired.
naPS

Postby Chankster » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 pm

I've honestly never had any trouble with their website. Ordering has always been a pretty simple process:

• Select part category (eg: Aluminum Extrusion - 5 Series, Base 20, Four-Side Slots)
  • Narrow down configuration options on left. Alternatively choose "Part Number" tab to view a complete list
  • Once 1 part chosen, click price check to view unit price/total
  • If happy add to cart
  • Click cart in top right, complete checkout.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby wmgeorge » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

naPS wrote:Man, I really, really, really want to use Misumi, but the website is so broken, it's unusable.

I've placed a few orders with them before, and I've always had to generate a Quote and submit it because the pricing was always goofy. Now I can't even do that. I called and tried to place an order over the phone, and they won't let me. What a bummer.

I'm not sure it's possible for them to make the site any more difficult to use. Whoever's doing their store backend should be fired.

You can just order off the website and forget the Quote system. Need to register and then shop, otherwise the prices don't show! It worked OK for me, but be aware each click opens a new webpage (unlike any other website I shop on) and don't try using the back arrow. I did get my orders placed and my discount. All the customer service reps are aware of the website issues and they have hired people to re-work it.

On the other hand, I have never ordered from McMaster Carr before, and it was a pleasure! Ordered one day, received the next and no outrageous shipping charges. I had to call to change a part number, pleasant young lady answered the phone and in 30 seconds it was done.
Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Postby Enraged » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 pm

I posted this on the Shapeoko forum, but I'll post it here too for users that don't get to those forums:

My card was just charged CDN$389, or US$350. My order was about $240 (before the First $150 promo, so about $90 with the promo). If that means that shipping was $110ish for my small order, that pretty much kills this deal, even with $150 free. I'm not sure why my card was authorized for the large amount, maybe it will be reduced once the discount is processed.

This whole unknown shipping cost is very frustrating. I may cancel my order or get it shipped to a US reshipping company (I'm in BC Canada).

I'll update this post when I find out more.
Enraged

Postby wmgeorge » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Now you are making me nervous. My order came today in three shipments, three tracking numbers and etc. The large box with 10 pcs of 2020 was half full, yet another long tube came with just 2 sticks of 2020, both had the lengths cut to 1400 mm like I asked. Yes another box in the shipment came with the brackets and flat nuts. All could have been placed in the large box???
I suspect they have part timers doing the packing and shipping and they really don't care what it costs. I have yet to see a bill for the shipping, now I am wondering???

Forgot about your customs and VAT fee, was that added onto the shipping charge?
Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Postby Enraged » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:22 pm

I honestly don't know. The only thing I have received from Misumi is a confirmation that they received my order, and a charge to my credit card for a lot more that I think it should be. I emailed 2 people at Misumi to see what is going on, no response yet.
Enraged

Postby naPS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:37 am

wmgeorge wrote: You can just order off the website and forget the Quote system. Need to register and then shop, otherwise the prices don't show! It worked OK for me, but be aware each click opens a new webpage (unlike any other website I shop on) and don't try using the back arrow. I did get my orders placed and my discount. All the customer service reps are aware of the website issues and they have hired people to re-work it.

I don't want to turn this into too much of a bitch session about Misumi - I really do like their stuff - but it's too difficult for me to order it at this point to bother. I can't Quote *or* order at this point - I put in a request for an address change, and now they're telling me I have to go through the whole credit app / approval thing again. What a pain in the ass. I needed some extrusion for a school project for my kid, and I needed it within a week or so - the guy I talked to on the phone said I'd have to re-apply on the website or over the phone, which is mind boggling, since I've successfully ordered from them several times in the past.

It just seems like they're completely disorganized over there. I hope they get their shit together, because I really like their product, and project season is coming up.
naPS

Postby Chankster » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:01 pm

wmgeorge wrote:I suspect they have part timers doing the packing and shipping and they really don't care what it costs. I have yet to see a bill for the shipping, now I am wondering???

Yea, finally got my most recent shipment and it was split into four packages. Cringing until I see the total.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion