Basic Mirror Alignment

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Basic Mirror Alignment

Postby wmgeorge » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:04 pm

I've got the Lite 400x600 X-Y table together and made the plate to mount the laser cutting head on the carriage, with the mirror and lens. Also made the mount for the mirror at the end of the X gantry.

My question, should not the laser head and the X gantry mirrors be at a perfect 90 Deg angle to one another? In other words a square lined up with the laser source, I have a laser Level mounted and on for the source also be in 90 Deg alignment (centered) with laser head mechanically. Then minor adjustments done at the mirror adjustment knobs. At one point I had it perfect, almost. Just making sure my mirror mount is located correctly before moving on.

* source
I
L ___ Laser Head

Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Re: Basic Mirror Alignment

Postby wmgeorge » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Got it! I did the mechanical alignment and got the mirrors exactly at 45 Deg angles to each other and the dot I was using stayed the same weather the carriage was close to the mirror or the gantry was moved forward and back.
Yeah.

But my wife announced today that the kitchen remodel was on and we are replacing cupboards and counter tops along with under cabinet LED lighting. So this project may be on hold for a while.
Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Return to General Discussion