Detroit MakerFaire

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Detroit MakerFaire

Postby bdring » Fri May 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Is anyone interested in the Detroit Maker Faire this year? I went last year and loved it. I was thinking about getting a booth to show off some laser cutters. We could even attempt a 2 day build of a 2.x laser.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Detroit Maker Faire

Postby cpdude » Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Little too far away for me. Why don't you come out the the SF Bay Area Maker Faire. ;)

Brian
2.x laser ( Mach3 | SmoothStepper | FSE RetinaEngrave)| DIY CNC Router (EMC2) | Prusa I3 3d printer | Building a Wolfstock deta printer | Rhino v5
cpdude

Postby bill griggs » Sun May 29, 2011 3:41 pm

I have been trying to decide on the NYC event or the Detroit. The NYC conflicts with the NEAT fair.

Bill
bill griggs

Postby bdring » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:55 pm

I am going to Makerfaire Detroit next weekend. I went last year and it was a ton of fun. Right now I am planning on attending Saturday but that may change. If anyone is there and wants to meetup, just send me an email or reply to this message.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby fullspeceng » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 am

Full Spectrum Laser will have a booth at Detroit MakerFaire. We will show off the new RetinaEngrave v4 and our 4th generation laser. V4 is a huge update and (more details to come later with our press release). Henry won't be there but Jason and Dave will be. Come by and say hello!
fullspeceng

Did I go too far?

Postby bdring » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 am

I felt the need to do something special for MakerFaire. You don't get the chance to let your inner geek shine too often. I had about 20 minutes in the budget to come up with something.

I saw a cable carrier laying around and thought that it would make the ultimate CNC geek's belt. I whipped out a quick "buckle" from a bamboo cutting board. You split it at a link to get it on and off.

Maybe I should run some wires through it.

I don't know...I may have over achieved on the geek factor. I don't know if I will wear it or not.

cncgeekJPG.JPG
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Detroit MakerFaire

Postby naPS » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:19 am

I think it's perfect! Well, almost. Throw a LED light strip through the cable carrier, and then you're at the pinnacle of geekdom.
naPS

Return to General Discussion