PPI & Rastering under EMC2 -- THANK YOU BEN JACKSON

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

PPI & Rastering under EMC2 -- THANK YOU BEN JACKSON

Postby bill.french » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:48 am

With a ton of Ben's help, and his code, I've got our laser doing PPI and rastering! Some minor tweaking remains, but now our laser is 100% functional with a fully open source tool chain!
image.jpg
bill.french

Re: PPI & Rastering under EMC2 -- THANK YOU BEN JACKSON

Postby sliptonic » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 am

Couldn't agree more! I've got his configuration working on my converted ULS-25A. I got PPI working yesterday and I'm just starting to investigate rastering. If you have any tips, lessons learned, or gotcha's please document them for those of us that follow.
sliptonic

Postby BenJackson » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:49 am

Bill boldly integrated his config with a pre-existing one (in inches!) and hit some snags. I have one fix to push for M144 when your HAL is in inches (it checked G20 vs G21 but assumed the HAL was mm).
BenJackson

Postby bill.french » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:28 pm

The #1 tip from Ben was to run emc from the command line, that way you can see what's going on if there are any errors. Most of my issues were about getting the files paths in the right spots, and Ben worked me through the inches/mm hal issue, and I was up and running.

Here's a flowchart I put together to try and understand all the relationships:
http://wiki.fubarlabs.org/FubarWiki/GetFile.aspx?File=%2fLaser%20Related%2fLaser-BJJ-Flowchart.pdf&AsStreamAttachment=1&Provider=ScrewTurn.Wiki.FilesStorageProvider&NoHit=1

.. and here's our general laser info, in case it's helpful:
http://wiki.fubarlabs.org/FubarWiki/Laser-Cutter-Main-Page.ashx
bill.french

Return to General Discussion