Hadron ORD Bot on eBay

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Hadron ORD Bot on eBay

Postby bdring » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:38 pm

I have a couple extra ORD Bots and I am selling one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156

It has a long listing time of 10 days to be sure all pre-orders have been shipped.

No reserve...well $0.99 minimum bid actually.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

sold + two more listed

Postby bdring » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Sold....

I listed two more Hadrons. I think these will work for International destinations now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORD-Bot-3D-Prin ... 1012810210

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORD-Bot-3D-Prin ... 1012811597

I listed two more Hadrons. I think these will work for International destinations now.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Added a Quantum too

Postby bdring » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Hadron ORD Bot on eBay

Postby bdring » Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 am

The last eBay BOTs are closing soon. Right now the price is a bargain ;)
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby TLHarrell » Wed May 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Just saw the second one finish the auction. Price was bidded up four times in the last 10 seconds.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Postby Zat German » Wed May 02, 2012 4:32 pm

TLHarrell wrote:Just saw the second one finish the auction. Price was bidded up four times in the last 10 seconds.

It is literally never in your favor to bid before the last 10 seconds of an ebay auction, unless you are doing it to block a Buy It Now.
Zat German

Postby mattrsch » Wed May 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Zat German wrote:It is literally never in your favor to bid before the last 10 seconds of an ebay auction, unless you are doing it to block a Buy It Now.

I hear that quite a lot, but I don't understand why that would be the case. I enter the most I would pay for something. If the current bidder is already at his max bid it increments his max + the minimum bid interval. If nobody else bids I win at that price. If someone else bids less than my max it is now his max + the min bid increment. If someone bids over my max it's more than I wanted to pay so I'm not upset that I lost. Is there something I'm missing?
mattrsch

Postby Zat German » Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm

mattrsch wrote:Is there something I'm missing?

You're showing interest, which automatically influences the decision making of anyone else looking at the item after you have bid. This in turn leads to you paying a higher price than you would have if you just waited until the end of the auction to bid, if someone else wants it too. You've got your max and if you are really going to stick to it, then it doesn't matter when you bid but bidding before the end of the auction just gives others more time to decide to bid higher or bid you up.
Zat German

Postby lx007 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm

mattrsch wrote:
Zat German wrote:It is literally never in your favor to bid before the last 10 seconds of an ebay auction, unless you are doing it to block a Buy It Now.

I hear that quite a lot, but I don't understand why that would be the case. I enter the most I would pay for something. If the current bidder is already at his max bid it increments his max + the minimum bid interval. If nobody else bids I win at that price. If someone else bids less than my max it is now his max + the min bid increment. If someone bids over my max it's more than I wanted to pay so I'm not upset that I lost. Is there something I'm missing?

Many people do not enter the max they are willing to pay when they place their first bid. Bidding early draws more attention to the item, and the nature of an active auction can drive the price up to more than the bidder(s) would have normally paid. When multiple people people start buying on emotions, not wanting to "lose", you are usually better off shopping elsewhere.
lx007

Postby mattrsch » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

That makes sense. Thanks, guys!
mattrsch

Next

Return to For Sale and Wanted