Australia

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Re: Australia

Postby colin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 am

The new batch will also have 1800mm, but shipping that length to Australia is painfully expensive.

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ab_012.htm#ep1572941
"Size Limits
Maximum length: 46 inches"

Maybe if there's enough demand for the longer lengths in certain areas there would be a more efficient way to distribute the stuff. Just thinking aloud over here.

We've abruptly finished off the 2000mm lengths (someone needed a whole lot of them for kits), but we have a bit more 1200mm. The sole reason for switching to new lengths was to make the extrusion shippable worldwide. The 1800mm lengths cut down our shipping & handling costs significantly.

Please be as vocal as possible about what you'd like to see! Beyond our continuing work on supply levels and shipping there are many possibilities, like more lengths, different accessories, bundles, whatever. I'm interested in all the Misumi stuff Bart's used for ORD Bot & the plasma cutter. More than anything, I'm eager to get these components out to people so they can build Really Cool Things.
colin

Postby MattyZee » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 pm

dwjp wrote:
colin wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone else in Australia built a stock 2.x laser?

I've started building an almost stock 2.x in Adelaide. I've welded a frame together but i'm still using makerslide for the linear motion. http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1341
MattyZee

Postby dwjp » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Very nice!

I really love working with t-slot extrusion, and since I don't have any welding gear, so I'm sticking with that. I wonder how the costs would compare if this were to be a more mass-produced kit? Would a welded frame, sheet metal, or extrusion-based frame come out on top?
dwjp

Postby joskerel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 am

hey,

Just found a rail for the gantry, and made a quick video,
check it out,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8NEIO77cLg
joskerel

Postby colin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 pm

1000mm MakerSlide is in stock here at Inventables. Just arrived today. :D

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/makerslide

It may take a few days to ship as we catch up on orders, but it's in stock and will ship soon.

Prices for 1000mm lengths shipped to Australia (in USD, calculated from the shopping cart page):

QTY 1 = $60.14
    QTY 5 = $169.70
    QTY 10 = $298.38
colin

Postby tachyio » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Guys :) UPDATE!

I've just made downpayment for the aluminium extrusion mould, and should have 1000 metres of MakerSlide extrusions coming my way in 6 weeks time!

Shipping will be via FEDEX, just opened a corporate account with them, as they advised that rates would be lower.

I won't have the smaller items like V-Wheels / Carriage Plates, as I can't confirm enough demand for them, do let me know if those are important to you as well - and I will get them made in future.

Warmly,
Tachyio
MakerSlideAsia.com
tachyio

Postby gregbrodie-tyrrell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 am

Hey tachyio,

That's good news about you having quantities of makerslide, because I want some. Can you give me a price for shipping eight 1.5 metre lengths to Adelaide in South Australia?

My e-mail is greg.brodie.tyrrell@gmail.com; perhaps you could open a conversation there too so we can sort out details. I also think I know others who will want this stuff.

Thanks,

Greg Brodie-Tyrrell
gregbrodie-tyrrell

Postby tachyio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:08 am

Hi Guys,

Just an update, I've received the factory samples for MakerSlide, and they are doing a full production run now. So we will be in stock for the makerslide linear rails in on the 28th of October. =)

Photographs: https://plus.google.com/photos/10422046 ... 0433000417

If there's any enquiries, please contact me at support@makerslideasia.com

Warmly,
Tachyio

(We don't stock the other smaller components like v-wheels and spacers, please order those from inventables or bart, they're quite small and light so shipping costs are rather low)
tachyio

Postby tachyio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:01 am

Hi Guys,

Tachyio from www.makerslideasia.com here =)

I've got community members requesting lengths of MakerSlide extrusion, that are > 1 metre.

If you need an extrusion that is > 1 metre, for example 2 metres...Please PM your interest to me, or email support@makerslideasia.com

This way we can collate the orders, and gives my guys more impetus to find a freight shipper that could deal with these longer lengths! =)

Warmly,
Tachyio
tachyio

Previous

Return to For Sale and Wanted