Makerslide for Asia

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Makerslide for Asia

Postby tachyio » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi Guys,

My uncle who lives in Malaysia can produce aluminium extrusions! So I'm wondering who's in Asia and interested in me setting up a MakerSlide operation on our side of the globe :)

It would mean better distribution of MakerSlide globally, and faster shipping times for people in Asia.

Do drop me a PM to let me know, and if you need MakerSlide urgently, I'll be sure to keep you on the top of my list!

Tachyio
tachyio

Re: Makerslide for Asia

Postby bdring » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:44 pm

I saw this pop up on my Google radar. I do not know anything about them and they have never contacted me.

http://makerslideasia.com/

....Deleted other multiple posts.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby tachyio » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah that's my site...I was tired of waiting for MakerSlide, even had to scrounge an ORDBot kit off eBay for twice the cost...so then my Uncle had a look and he said well if there's enough demand he can produce it too...

What do ya think? My intention is not to compete, just merely to help fill the demand in Asia :) We really really lack proper kits/materials, and the stuff we can source is low quality or not meant for 3d printing systems. In one word: "rickety".

Also shipping from US to Asia takes forever and costs a bomb!!!
tachyio

Postby baz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Hey, Nice site. What are your shipping costs? (to the UK) I have being thinking about doing something similar myself in Europe. Please check out my thread http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=556

Regards

Baz
ShapeOko #676, eShapeOko #11, 2.x Laser, ORD Bot Hadron
MakerSlide Europe Store
baz

Postby tachyio » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi Baz,

I cant really answer that right now, im going up to Malaysia this week to discuss shipping directly from Malaysia with my Uncle.

Just FYI: Shipping from Singapore is about $45 SGD for a 1kg Air Parcel, but im not sure about volume limitations if you want a super long >1m extrusion :P

Good news is that everything in Malaysia is 2.5 times cheaper than in Singapore so hopefully shipping is too!

I'll let you know by the end of the week!

And I'll continue reading your very long thread.
tachyio

Postby tachyio » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone :)

Just a quick update! I made downpayment for the extrusion mould, and have 1000 metres of MakerSlide Extrusions coming my way in 6 weeks time!

Very excited! =P

Do note that currently, I don't have the smaller items like Delrin V-Wheels and Carriage Plates, as I cannot confirm a high-enough demand for them. But if there is demand for them (especially for Asia), I will get them made as well (I have 2 laser cutter / CNC suppliers who can pick up the job).

I will be updating www.MakerSlideAsia.com to show only the aluminium extrusions. Do let me know if the small items are important as well, so I can make provisions to get those made in future.

Warmly,
Tachyio
MakerSlideAsia.com
tachyio

Postby tachyio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 am

Hi Guys,

Tachyio from www.makerslideasia.com here =)

I've got community members requesting lengths of MakerSlide extrusion, that are > 1 metre.

If you need an extrusion that is > 1 metre, for example 2 metres...Please PM your interest to me, or email support@makerslideasia.com

This way we can collate the orders and gives my guys more impetus to find a freight shipper that could deal with these longer lengths! =)

Warmly,
Tachyio
tachyio

Return to For Sale and Wanted