Looking to SOURCE parts from owners of OSH

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Looking to SOURCE parts from owners of OSH

Postby delinquentme » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey all,

I'm working on open source orbital shakers ( Yeah those things that spin in circles in research labs )

And specifically I'm looking to source parts to someone who has a dialed in and functional laser cutter.

I need a minimum build area of 24" x 24" as well as grey / smoke acrylic in 10mm thickness.

Ideally someone close to Pittsburgh PA.

Admins: If you feel this post needs to be relocated feel free to put it in the right spot ( I'm a newblet )
delinquentme

Re: Looking to SOURCE parts from owners of OSH

Postby delinquentme » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:14 am

Also you dont need to be wildly close to pittsburgh.

If I can get it within a week by normal mail that would be just fine :D
delinquentme

Re: Looking to SOURCE parts from owners of OSH

Postby awesomenesser » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 pm

delinquentme wrote:Also you dont need to be wildly close to pittsburgh.

If I can get it within a week by normal mail that would be just fine :D

I am not sure if many people here will be able to help you out, most of the machines here have a build area of 10"x20". Also I doubt anyone has 10mm acrylic on hand this would probably be a you ship them the materials and they send you the parts. Also 10mm is cutting it close (mcmaster only has up to 6mm), I have only attempted 6mm, and does it have to be laser cut? It seems like this is more of a task for a table top mill. (Also if it is open source I would put the extra effort to make it mill-able because I doubt anyone is going to be able to find somebody to laser that for a reasonable cost)

Also is the largest part 24"x24" or could it be broken into multiple sheets? (Seems like a huge unit)

And there are people on this forum with large tabletop mills.
awesomenesser

Return to For Sale and Wanted