Wanted: Laser Parts

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Wanted: Laser Parts

Postby pourcirm » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd try my luck with a post as I've missed out about 3 times now on buying parts. I'm currently looking to buy any and all parts relating to the Buildlog.net laser cutter. If you have extra parts you are willing to sell please PM me with the details. Currently I have a few pieces of MakerSlide in my closet so I really am looking for all available parts.

Thanks.
pourcirm

Re: Wanted: Laser Parts

Postby peter_ » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 pm

I have an extensive set of Bart's custom 2.X parts, including the metal gantry parts, the milled plastic parts, the aluminum air assist nozzle, the original buildlog parallel port interface/driver board ( http://www.buildlog.net/blog/2011/04/la ... river-pcb/ ). I also have some optics, but I donated at least some to the local hackerspace a few months back, so I'll have to check exactly what's left. I also have a 40W tube and power supply from lovehappyshopping on ebay, but I've had the tube for almost two years, so it's likely not of much utility for cutting any longer, and I wouldn't feel comfortable shipping it anyway.

I designed and built a very large cutter with a travel of one meter on each side, but was never able to get such a large machine to align. The parts have been sitting unused for over a year. I'll do some soul searching over the next few days to see if I'm willing to give up some of my mad scientist cred and sell these parts to someone who will use them, especially if they're difficult to find these days. I'll also try to post pictures, so you'd know exactly what you're getting.
peter_

Postby pourcirm » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 am

Peter,

I'm definitely interested in whatever you might have to offer. I'd be interested in everything you mentioned especially the metal and plastic parts kits from Bart and the air assist nozzle.

I'd also be interested to hear some of your insight about building a larger laser. I think the meter would be a bit big for me, but I'd like to go bigger than 12" by 20".

When you have a chance to go through things PM me and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Ryan
pourcirm

Postby leros » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 am

I'm also interested in what you have to offer if Peter decides to pass on them.
leros

Postby peter_ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 am

I've collected all the parts, and I'll try to take some pictures this weekend and post them!
peter_

Postby pourcirm » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:45 am

Awesome thanks Peter. As long as things look good in the pictures let me know prices and I'll be ready to buy.

Ryan
pourcirm

Return to For Sale and Wanted