Wanted: metal gantry parts for 2.x laser

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Re: Wanted: metal gantry parts for 2.x laser

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:17 pm

In my opinion, 10% is just right.
cvoinescu

Postby Improbable Construct » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 pm

One thing I would like to chime in with is that the mirror mounts that I ordered from lightobject:
http://www.lightobject.com/Laser-Reflection-Mirror-Mount-P205.aspx
are not exactly like the ones on the website.
They are black in color, the springs are held in with push pins, and the mounting holes are offset of center.
I had to modify the mounting holes on both the Rear Mirror Plate and the Gantry End Left to be able to align the beam.
The Gantry End Left may need to have a slight design change to work with the new mirror mounts.
Improbable Construct

Postby leros » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 am

I might be interested as well. I was talking to somebody about buying some parts from them, but its been a few weeks and I haven't heard back.
leros

Postby Briscoe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 am

As far as the anodizing of the aluminum goes I think that would look great, just think that I could live without it. It will save you time and money to not have it anodized. I would rather have that money go into the holes/bends/insets/tapping required for the bracket.
Briscoe

Postby alan025 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Improbable Construct wrote:One thing I would like to chime in with is that the mirror mounts that I ordered from lightobject:
http://www.lightobject.com/Laser-Reflection-Mirror-Mount-P205.aspx
are not exactly like the ones on the website.
They are black in color, the springs are held in with push pins, and the mounting holes are offset of center.
I had to modify the mounting holes on both the Rear Mirror Plate and the Gantry End Left to be able to align the beam.
The Gantry End Left may need to have a slight design change to work with the new mirror mounts.

Hmm, it looks like the mirror mounts delivered here yesterday are identical to the ones you received - black, with push pins holding in the springs. I think I will clip and bend the push pins, as they are a little long for the application. Otherwise, they look like they are doing the job. What modifications did you make to the mounting holes? Do you have a sketch of the mods that you made? Such a sketch would be greatly appreciated! :D
alan025

Postby Improbable Construct » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't have the time do work any sketches up today but what I did was to elongate the hole on the gantry end to the edge of the aluminum. It is a slot now. Starting at the edge of the plate to the existing hole. The other hole (the one closer to the center)is ok. I didn't have to modify it. The mirror mount will be able to be mounted to the stock holes but it is at unable to move. What you need to do is make it so it can slide in the slots. It has to be the one toward the edge that has to be elongated to get the mirror in the correct place.

The rear mirror mount need similar mods the slots need to be elongated 3-5 mm to move the mirror toward the back of the laser cabinet. This will put the mirror in the correct place.

If this is still not clear I will try to draw something up later this weekend.
Improbable Construct

Postby alan025 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks for the description. All of our parts are over at the hackerspace at the moment - this evening I'll go over and walk through your descriptions with the parts in hand.
alan025

Postby cynikal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 am

+1 interested in the metal parts..
cynikal

Postby bdring » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:48 pm

The metal parts are in this kit that is for sale.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2232
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Previous

Return to For Sale and Wanted