complete CAM Packages..

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

complete CAM Packages..

Postby storm2313 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 pm

These two packages fit a budget, and offer the most reputable name in CAM/CAD software Bobcad. No transfer, or hidden fees ever!!

These packages ship free as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131016023269&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141086829183&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
storm2313

Re: complete CAM Packages..

Postby macona » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:00 am

You can get bobcad straight from them for cheaper than that for the newest version. Their sales guys will wheel and deal to make a sale.

Bobcad is not favorably looked at in the cnc market. It is not terrible, but not great either. Pretty buggy and iffy support.

If you want a cheap cad cam package look at TurboCAD with the CAM add on, you can get the package pretty cheap on ebay and it works well.

Oh, if you have someone you dislike sign up for the demo of their software and use you enemy's phone number. I made the mistake of using my real phone number to download the demo and it took months to get them to stop calling me. And even then they called me about once a year after that for a few years.
macona

Postby storm2313 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Well judging from the context of what you wrote it seems like you have issues with Bobcad. Let me start by educating you on the reality of Bobcad software. I've read many posts on what people claim to be endless phone calls, and pushy salesman trying to upsell. I've never read a post explaining why that ever occured, so I'll try to explain.

Bobcad is true engineering CAD/CAM software, and was never really designed to be utilized for recreational use. That being said, when the phone calls were originally made by the marketing group at Bobcad they didn't know if the person on the other end was a manufacturer or large business. The sales force typically thought the end user was a company NOT a person making widgets in his basement.

I sell Bobcad for a reason. It's been established for the longest time, and is currently used by countless fortune 500 companies, and with good reason as displayed on my ads. Your totally entitled to your opinion, but fact, and opinion are two VERY different discussions. Case in point you claim you can get the latest version of Bobcad for the price I'm selling these for. I suggest you post a link for who I need to talk to for that pricing. V25 or V26 will set you back a minimum of $400 to $600, which is a pretty large investment for a recreational user.

Turbocad with the cam plug in on Ebay typically sells for $250-$400. You can purchase v21 with training videos and a computer for $290 which will usually take care of hobbiest till they go full time in production.

NASA, BOEING, and BOSCH are a few of the companies using Bobcad, and I assure you it certainly isn't for the price of the software. I don't know exactly what you mean by "not favorably looked at in the CNC market" ?? I think what your truly saying is YOUR CNC market. It's your opinion, and as stated your entitled to it, but please remember to have respect when online in a forum for listing ITEMS FOR SALE. If your not interested in the items for sale simply don't click on them. Flaming a thread really isn't required.
storm2313

Postby cvoinescu » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 pm

storm2313 wrote:It's been established for the longest time, and is currently used by countless fortune 500 companies

(emphasis mine) There can't be more than 500 Fortune 500 companies using BobCAD, can there? That doesn't count as countless. :)

Now seriously, why would I think that Macona is lying about the price? I respect him (based on his contribution to the forum), so I actually believe him when he says you can haggle and get a new version for about the same money (he's not talking about list prices). And we have already established that your claims about prices aren't always true, at least not if you're willing to go the extra mile to source the same item. I also think that you bundle items together to hide the price of the interesting item, and to hinder price comparison -- very smart, and nothing unfair about that, but also perfectly fair for me to point that out. In this case, for example, you throw in a computer -- but that CPU is 2007 vintage; with some patience, systems like that can be had for free, or nearly free.

As for flaming, here's my take on it, for all anyone cares about my opinion. If you're an individual selling the odd item and advertising it on the forum, nagging you about it would be bad form indeed. Not interested? Just leave the thread alone. However, if you're doing it as a business, regularly listing and advertising products, like you seem to be doing, I think you're fair game. If someone thinks your product can be had elsewhere for less, your thread is the very place to point that out. If someone thinks a different product does the job better, this is where they should say it.

You get this free platform to make your business known, but you also get other people's opinions along with it. Wouldn't be fair to have one without the other.
cvoinescu

Postby storm2313 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am

Another interesting response. The reason I KNOW the person who posted before you about the prices is incorrect because I personally deal with a direct distributor for Bobcad. I'm located 25 miles from their home office in Hernando county, and always work with my distributor for the lowest prices available. I can see your the person who flamed the threads buddy, and so be it, but as far as hiding prices with items that simply again is your misinterpetation. The computer is an older dual core model, which is complete overkill to perform CAD/CAM functions with the software I offer.

I was checking on Bobcad's website, and I suggest you do the same. The pricing for v26 Express starts at $595, and v26 mill, and mill pro can go up to $3495. I want to see him get the software for $200 with any computer. ;) I'm still waiting for the link so I can buy it. Tell you what call Al, and ask for their best price. Don't forget to ask for the computer in the package as well to make it the same. Claiming he could get v26 for my pricing on v21 or v24 is really silly.

I can see from what you wrote there's a little anomisity due to me posting my listings to your forum. Why I really don't know??

As far as me not having the lowest prices I suggest you take into account the fact that a single purchase from an end user will always exceed my pricing. Once you include overseas shipping, and VAT on one unit you most definetly will see the reflected pricing I offer is legit. The truth of the matter is the Devils in the details. I don't plan on making a sale to your buddy, or you, and it's interesting your reply on flaming because what your essentially saying is it's alright to be disrespectful, cause your advertising for your business.

I guess we should pick, and choose who we show respect to? What difference does it make if I'm advertising? When someone asks for help on your forum their advertising too aren't they? You don't treat them with disrespect for it. Lets remember we can agree to disagree, and regardless of what I'm advertising respect should still be shown.
storm2313

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 am

This is not my forum, not sure where you got that idea.

Also, just to be clear, disagreement and disrespect are two very different things. I'm all for the former and not that much for the latter. If I have failed to be polite, I apologize. I do still disagree on some of your points, though.

What I'm saying is that you should not expect a one-way platform for advertising here. Bart gives you a free bullhorn to use, but he also gives Macona one, and myself, and everyone else. You don't get exclusive threads. Other members can point out what they think are shortcomings of your offers, and you can argue against their opinions, all on the same platform. I think that's a fine thing, and it's not flaming at all, at least not as long as the discussion is reasonably civilized, the intention is not simply to make the other person angry (that would be trolling), all-caps is kept to a minimum, and nobody calls anyone else a poopy head.

Edit: I remembered about this offer from Al DePoalo. If it's still valid, I can get BobCAD V24 Mill and BobART Pro for $149. I already have several computers, and if I go buy a seven year old PC, it's not going to be more than $30 at a garage sale.

You also seem to be arguing against points I haven't actually made. Last time we talked about prices (some other thread), I had no problem with your price as such, but with the fact that you claimed it was the lowest price one could get for that item (and took me all of two minutes to find a better price). I actually took pains to say that I did not mind that the price wasn't the lowest around for that exact item -- not least because I resell stuff myself and I don't shy away from charging what I think is reasonable for my costs and the value I add, so it would have been hypocritical of me to begrudge you the same.
cvoinescu

Postby storm2313 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 pm

I don't understand once again why your posting. You put a link from April of 2012!! It also is for the software in DOWNLOAD version NOT retail version. You need to compare the same products. Retail will always cost more than downloads, and posting a link from over a year ago is just trying to continue the discussion. I also see you never read my complete ad as it included a full copy of a Mach3 license.

If you resell as you claim to then what you sell dictates market value I assure you agree. I can tell you without a doubt that if you can pick up the software in the same configuration I'm selling it for and MACH3 which was also included along with the HP DC7800SFF pc for $170+ you would jump on it pending it's a LEGAL copy, and is registered with Artsoft in your name, and also with Bobcad. So would I :D I aslo recall the initial post was for the latest version of Bobcad for less than what I was selling v21, and v24 for. I guess that was overlooked as well. ;)

I really don't understand why you keep posting. If you can buy it cheaper elsewhere more power to you. Actually the only thing you do is speculate on pricing, and compare products that aren't even what I'm selling. The only reason for someone like yourself to post on a LISTED ITEM FOR SALE forum is to argue about what their selling.

If you truly disagree with me then you wouldn't waste your time posting cause why bother writing to someone you don't intend to buy the item from? It's to continue a pointless dialogue where you throw out possible garage sale prices, and maybe links that work prices to software in download form.

If you don't want to purchase what I'm selling then simply move on to the next post..
storm2313

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Not sure what you're looking at, but Al's post is from Oct 1, 2013, barely two weeks old.

I'm looking at your second link, the one with BobCAD V21 Express and the HP DC7800 computer. No mention of MACH3 being included.

The only reason I posted is that you complained when Macona said something about the price, as if he had no right to do so. He has the right, and I appreciate his input: it is useful to me in making a decision. You may not like it, and you can explain why he's wrong, of course, and that's also useful to us, but you should not act as if he trespassed onto your private territory.

On the only other thread of yours where I commented, the only reason I did so was that you made an unqualified assertion that a specific product could not be had for less anywhere else, which was simply not true as stated.
cvoinescu

Postby storm2313 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Do you want to buy or have a question about one of my packages? Did you provide a link to the latest version of Bobcad at a price for less than I was selling either of the systems I have listed?

This is simple trolling. I see you have no point, but to post against whatever I write cause you feel it's required of you as I predicted earlier.
storm2313

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

You're still missing my point by many, many miles, so I realize (too late) that I simply can't get it across. I'll stop trying. It's not really that important.
cvoinescu

Return to For Sale and Wanted