Oops - Free PCB (*)

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Oops - Free PCB (*)

Postby bdring » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Somehow a female 'D' got in my male 'D' bin and I soldered it down. I did it a few weeks ago. I thought about desoldering, it , but it probably more work than it is worth and would not be sellable quality.

The first person with 5 or more posts (predating this post) that replies to this thread it can have it for free. Just pay $6.50 for shipping.

Note: You cannot just get a different cable, because the all pins would still be swapped. You could make a custom cable, desolder the connector or you might get lucky with Mach3 pin reassignment. It is not tested, but I have had 100% yield so far.

You get as shown...no fan, etc.

oops.jpg
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Oops - Free PCB (*)

Postby J45on » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I would love that Bart if you can do international shipping I also want a few other bits :D
J45on

Postby mondo50m » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 pm

I could use a board like that
mondo50m

Postby bdring » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:07 pm

J45on (248 posts!),

You get it. Yes, I can send it internationally. It will cost about $15. There will be quite a bit more room in the box for other items.

Bart
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby BenJackson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Bart,

A solder pot would remove that connector easily. And solder the whole board easily, for that matter. I had assumed you were getting these boards professionally assembled!
BenJackson

Postby bdring » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 pm

That connector is optional ('D' or terminal block) so it goes on right before shipment.

It is not that easy to remove a connector that big with end clips and everything. Then you have to suck the solder out of the holes. I have a pro rework station and a solder pot. I usually start by clipping the item into smaller sections so you have to worry about less leads at a time.

Some items I use the vacuum tip on the rework station and sometimes I use braided solder wick. The hot air on the rework station is often an option on smaller parts.

The bottom line...If I spend more than 10 minutes on this, it is not worth my time. If I had 20 bad boards, I might consider it.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby J45on » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:45 pm

:D Thanks Bart I will drop you a pm
J45on

Return to For Sale and Wanted