Gold Phoenix
Myro PCB
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: PCB Prototyping

Postby orcinus » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:30 pm

I can vouch for and warmly reccomend DorkbotPDX (Laen).
Had nothing but the best experience with his service.

It can take a while sometimes (depending on when you join the queue), but never too long, and the end result is of a pretty awesome quality, for a pretty low price.

(not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer)
orcinus

Postby Enraged » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:59 pm

I've used Seeedstudio before. Good quality, quick turnaround, but the shipping can take a bit long. Not a problem if you aren't in a rush, and they now offer many different board colors, thickness, etc.
Enraged

Postby SpacedCowboy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 pm

OSHpark is the new Dorkbot, yes ?

FWIW, I have nothing but good things to say about OSHpark. The price is good, the quality of the boards is excellent, Neal is a nice guy to deal with if you have a query, and the delivery is timely.

My most-recent order was placed on 12th June, sent to the fab on 14th June, and arrived at my house on 5th July (it probably would have been the 4th if it weren't for some weird celebration thing the yanks do [grin]). That's a 14 business-day turnaround from order-placement to delivered product. Not bad. Not bad at all...

Simon.
SpacedCowboy

Postby gavztheouch » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Has anyone in UK found a similar batch ordering system. Sound like a great idea! Sometimes I wish I was living in the USA...
Timothy hay for rabbits delivered over the UK http://www.timothyhay.co.uk
gavztheouch

Postby iGull » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm

gavztheouch wrote:Has anyone in UK found a similar batch ordering system. Sound like a great idea! Sometimes I wish I was living in the USA...

Gav, don't know if this is what you're after, but I've used Elektor's PCB service a lot (they're in Holland - few days turnaround) - no issues at all and the PCB quality was excellent.
All my files were Eagle on Mac, don't know if that's an issue.
They have a small batch service ...

http://www.elektorpcbservice.com/

I think it's part of eurocircuits.

Cheers

Neil
EMOs are a sign of weakness ...
iGull

Postby SpacedCowboy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:24 pm

gavztheouch wrote:Has anyone in UK found a similar batch ordering system. Sound like a great idea! Sometimes I wish I was living in the USA...

Isn't pcb-pool.com based in Ireland ? or at least partly based there (I think they have a Germany fab as well). That's closer than some of the US-based places I've ordered PCB's from (being on the West coast over here :)

They're fairly reasonable (postage mostly kills it for me), have the cool "watch your pcb" feature where they send you pictures of the PCB as it goes through processing, and even take Eagle .BRD files directly (if Eagle is your thing).

Simon
SpacedCowboy

Postby digistump » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Here is a new player in the chinese prototype game - I'm going to give them a try soon, about the same price as Seeed (very likely same factory I'd imagine) - they seem to be run by some Germans living in Shenzhen, active in the startup scene there:

http://smart-prototyping.com

My go to is DorkBotPDX though, you can't beat Laen's service.
Erik Kettenburg - Creator of the Digispark - the tiny, cheap, arduinoc compatible development board (digistump.com)
digistump

Postby leros » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:27 am

Sparkfun killed BatchPCB https://www.sparkfun.com/news/1138

They're recommended OSH Park.
leros

Return to Sources for stuff