Sourcing Wheels and carriages

Where you can find stuff.

Sourcing Wheels and carriages

Postby stonycraft » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Is the only UK location for Wheels and Carriages (use with MakerSlide) the makerslideeurope site?.
stonycraft

Re: Sourcing Wheels and carriages

Postby bdring » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm

As far as I know MakerSlideEurope is the only UK source. You can order from Inventables, but there is a much bigger shipping charge.

I do not regularly communicate with Makerslide Europe. I understand from many people he is hard to get a hold of. I think he frequents the ShapeOko forum. You might be able to get him to respond to a post there.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby stonycraft » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Nowhere else in the 'Big Europe'?
stonycraft

Postby bdring » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Nope
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby stonycraft » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

That's it then; great products but no positive way to buy.
They might as well not exist ;-)
We call them "Chocolate Teapots" in the UK.
Back to the drawing board ......
stonycraft

cvoinescu

Postby bdring » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:48 pm

@cvoinescu

Are you involved with MakerSlideEurope?
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Re: cvoinescu

Postby maralb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 pm

I bought Makerslide 3 meter MakerslideEurope,
Italy arrived in perfect shape in 7 days
thanks Catalin
maralb

Postby Zat German » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:27 pm

stonycraft wrote:That's it then; great products but no positive way to buy.
They might as well not exist ;-)
We call them "Chocolate Teapots" in the UK.
Back to the drawing board ......

It's a global economy now. Import the things you need.
Zat German

Re: cvoinescu

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:17 am

bdring wrote:@cvoinescu

Are you involved with MakerSlideEurope?

I am, but Harry has and ships the MakerSlide, carriages, wheels, eccentric spacers and a few other bits. I haven't figured out how to set up the store so that either he or I can reply to emails, so I'm not aware when someone has tried to contact Harry and he hasn't responded.

As for @stonycraft's assessment, I think it's unfair. He contacted me and more or less asked me to design a pantograph for him, dangling the promise of buying an eShapeOko kit later; I told him I didn't have time to do that (and it would be something I'd have to test to be sure), but I ended up doing it anyway. I gave him some pointers, and then a couple of sketches and a list of materials to order. He was happy (in fact, posted here right away asking for "laser-cut marine plywood" for that machine), but then he wanted to collect the parts instead of having them shipped, and emailed Harry. I know Harry saw his message because he mentioned it to me, but after that I don't know what happened. Although he got free advice from me, we're now "chocolate teapots", apparently.
cvoinescu

Postby stonycraft » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 am

I think you are similarly being very unfair in making this response.
In your first paragraph you indicate issues with emails and the Store.
From the onset I have never had an intention to be unfair. you also dont know personal and current circumstance.
The indications regarding eshapeoko were neither 'dangling a carrot' or making a promise.
The pantograph scenario was something I scoped and you were supportive in advising how MakerSlide could be aligned (and length optimised); I thank you for this.
The main issue is/was timing. The current requirements have to be fulfilled quite quickly (as indicated to you on several occasions) due to the nature of activity here; thus a suggestion about collection by myself or friend who frequents that part of the world quite regularly (to save time etc).
Since we concluded our discussions on Friday I have mailed Harry 3 times without success. because of the above I have to seek alternatives.
I never classified yourself or others there as 'Chocolate Teapots'. I was referring to that as a common phrase (for native UK residents) where design, intention and capability dont align.
I would suggest you also refrain from bringing private as personal 'situational' information in to an open forum area.
As far as myself, I am drawing a line under this particular Forum Posting and i suggest you do similar.
~end~
stonycraft

Next

Return to Sources for stuff