Grayscale Raster Engraving.

Show pictures of stuff you made

Grayscale Raster Engraving.

Postby Tweakie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:01 pm

This image was laser etched onto a piece of Obechi using the 'Impact/Laser Engraving' plug-in within Mach3. Although the plug-in converts it's images to 8 bit gray-scale I was only able to make use of a maximum of any 5 adjacent bits, a major limitation perhaps but the end result here was not all bad.

DSC00394a.jpg

Tweakie.
Tweakie

Re: Grayscale Raster Engraving.

Postby bdring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:21 pm

That looks pretty good. Most of us have had real troubles with that plugin. I just can never get enough power out of it.

If you have the time, it would be great if you could write up the complete process you went through including the original image and any image processing step you went through.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby iCacic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

It seems that a lot of people having problems and issues with engraving images, well, in fact with raster engraving.
Quote says everything.... please....
bdring wrote:If you have the time, it would be great if you could write up the complete process you went through including the original image and any image processing step you went through.

Maybe some words are not well written, I apologies, hate to use google translator....
iCacic

Postby Tweakie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not replying sooner.
I did make a start on describing what I did but when I read it back it was only saying what you already know and have already done.
I will make an effort to describe the process in more detail and post as soon as I can.

Tweakie.
Tweakie

Postby Tweakie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Another image created using the Mach Impact/laser Engraver plugin. This time it is on 6mm acrylic. Displays best against a dark background but I am quite pleased with the result.

Tweakie.
Attachments
DSC00467a.jpg
Tweakie

Postby iCacic » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:02 pm

It looks too good :o , it just asking to put some LED around and see it how it glows in dark....
Keep up with this awesome work....
iCacic

Postby lasersafe1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Indeed it looks great! I was hoping you might revisit your first post in this thread and run that image again. It seems you stopped it too soon as it scanned downward. ;)
lasersafe1

Postby Tweakie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

LS1,

I have some slight horizontal 'Banding' on this Owl - any ideas on this please ?.
Perhaps PSU / Tube output variations ?.

Tweakie.
Tweakie

Return to Gallery