New SeeMeCNC Extruder

General discussion of 3D printers

Re: New SeeMeCNC Extruder

Postby flickerfly » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm

richmond wrote:Gah, death by too many options! ;)

Haha, I'm with you. Extruder has been the hardest decision for me. Now I just need [url]hotends.com[/url] to stock the j-head (or did they sell out already and I missed it).

bdring wrote:It going to be easy to mount it to the ORD Bots and Deltas.

That's good to hear. Thanks!
flickerfly

Postby flickerfly » Sat May 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Have you guys looked at what hotends will work in this besides the J-Head. I was hoping to order one yesterday, but they never seem to have stocked up as I was hoping. Looks like I need to seek an alternative if this is going to happen soon.
flickerfly

Postby richmond » Sun May 12, 2013 9:16 am

Looks like at least most of the slot-mounts are supported in it's design. Their video shows a magma hot end mounted in there (trinitylabs.com).
richmond

Postby bdring » Mon May 13, 2013 10:41 pm

I just got mine. It was partially assembled and only took me a few seconds to finish. It comes with a few parts I will not use like (2) laser cut wood pieces and the bowden groove mount. Well I may use the bowden mount some day. I think I will put it on a Quantum ORD bot them a Quantum Delta.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby flickerfly » Tue May 14, 2013 1:00 am

Mine arrived today smelling strong of laser cut wood. The aroma therapy element is nice. My hobbed thingy didn't fit on the stepper I received from ATI so I need to clean that up a bit. Otherwise, 4 bolts and it was assembled. Looks like it'll do the trick. Now just to figure out a good mount.
flickerfly

Postby Enraged » Tue May 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Design a printed adapter for the ORDbot?
Enraged

Postby flickerfly » Tue May 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Enraged wrote:Design a printed adapter for the ORDbot?

That's about what I'm thinking, but in the short term I need to actually attach it to print my mount design so some sort of hack using wood blocks and zip ties or something is in order. :-)
flickerfly

First Design Idea

Postby bdring » Tue May 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Here is my first attempt at a design. It uses a flat carriage and a small block. The limit switch and belt clamp move to the far right. This moves the nozzle up a bit too. I think I will laser cut the carriage and print the block.

The whole thing could be printed in one part though. I have some new eccentric spacers due any day that are designed for use with printed parts. They have a much wider shoulder and long boss. The current ones trend to crush into printed parts easily.

ez_ordy_carriage.jpg

ez_ordy_carriage_back.jpg
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby flickerfly » Tue May 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Nice!

That is very like the thing I was imagining in my head, but with wood to start with. I have a nice scrap of hardwood about the right size. I was also thinking about the eccentric spacer issue in wood. To get started I may just create a mount in wood to attach to a flipped cradle until I can print a better solution.
flickerfly

Postby regressedEE » Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey guys, do you think we could use the Makerslide standard wheel carriage plate?

https://www.inventables.com/categories/frame-rail/carriage

If it were oriented vertically, it would be the same width as the standard extruder carriage. You would have to drill holes for the belt clamps and limit switches, though.
regressedEE

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion