2.x Laser Kits (Edit: In Production..again)

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: Sources and costs...

Postby SpacedCowboy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:37 am

Thanks to awsomenesser and mattrsch I've updated the file to add some more "extras", change out the laser glasses to better (and cheaper!) ones, and added in the DIN-rail related links. I've never actually used DIN rail, so was at a bit of a loss there - thanks :)

As for the 1000/100 quantity errors, that was just because McMasterCarr's website popped up the 1000-quantity ones from the search, and I never noticed the 100-quantity ones right next to them. Fixed.

Cheers
Simon.
SpacedCowboy

Re: 2.x Laser Kits (Now Available)

Postby SpacedCowboy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:04 pm

So I decided to move the sources-bom to http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1360 another thread to prevent my (hopefully) constant stream of updates from hijacking this one...

Simon
SpacedCowboy

Postby loopingz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 pm

I just placed a preorder.
loopingz

Postby AVRC » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:06 am

I can't find this in the store and the link previously posted doesn't work.

Where did you find it to order it?
AVRC

Postby lx007 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:05 am

AVRC wrote:I can't find this in the store and the link previously posted doesn't work.

Where did you find it to order it?

I think they sold out already. I noticed there were only 2 in stock last I checked yesterday.
lx007

Postby GiriPod » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Bart, glad to hear you're back. Sad to hear you don't have power :cry:. I hope your homestead didn't sustain any major damage with the bad weather.

Just wanted to ask if you plan to offer skins for 2.x in the near furture?

I'm excited about getting the custom parts from you and am working out where to get rest of the items for the build.

Looks like makerslide is going to be the long pole in terms of finishing the build, will probably have to go with rail 'glue on' option if delivery times don't improve.
GiriPod

Rear Panel

Postby bdring » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I have power again :D

The kits include a rear interface panel. The list on the store implied you get two. I actually meant to give you a choice of either of the two versions. I corrected the list on the store to say there are two options.

C14004 D connector Version
C14009 USB Version.

I was getting ready to fabricate those parts and thought I might pause to get a little input first.

Here is a picture of the D connector style assembled.

rp.JPG

The USB version is the same except the 'D' and resolution selectors is replaced by (2) USB holes.

I have two issues. I would rather make one universal plate and the US style outlets (intended for pump and exhaust blower) don't work well for international users. I tired to pick the largest standard hole (decora) to help out the Int'l people, but it is still a problem.

What should the panel look like?
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

2.x Kit Queue Page

Postby bdring » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:51 pm

If you are interested in your queue position see this page.

http://store.makerslide.com/2x_queue.php

...and yes, I will be doing skins again.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Re: 2.x Kit Queue Page

Postby SpacedCowboy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:06 pm

bdring wrote:If you are interested in your queue position see this page.
...and yes, I will be doing skins again.

That's good news :) I'll update the page at http://0x0000ff.com/laser/. I don't suppose you could comment on the other items there that we don't have sources for (bottom of the page), could you ? Once we have a definitive list of where we can all get stuff, I'll move it over to the general wiki - it'd be best if it was all in the same place. At the moment it's derived from a Numbers spreadsheet which is easy for me to edit :)

I see you're doing the interface plate, and I think I'm leaning towards the Aluminum egg-crate for the table surface, but any light you could shed on sources for the remaining un-sourced stuff would be great :)

Cheers
Simon
SpacedCowboy

Power Output

Postby bdring » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 pm

I could use this type of connector. They are pretty universal across the planet and are pretty cheap at less than $2.

70080816_large.jpg
70080816_large.jpg (20.62 KiB) Viewed 34622 times

Allied Elec Source
Mate

The other option is to get rid of the extra sockets completely.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Laser Support