2.x Kit Status Update

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

2.x Kit Status Update

Postby bdring » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Here is a quick status update.

The majority of the sheet metal parts should be done on Tuesday. The last one, the rear connector panel should be done within a day or two after that. The plastic parts are 90% done. It should only take a few hours to wrap those up. I hope to begin shipping the kits late next week.

Once those are shipped I will start working on skins. Those will go on sale in the store too. They are a lot of work to cut and ship. I only want to initially sell to people who have recently bought on the recent set or previous sets.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: 2.x Kit Status Update

Postby GiriPod » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Will it be possible to get skins in a color other than blue (of course at an additional price)?

I saw on the forum that you did some black/bronze skins. I would like that color if possible.
GiriPod

Postby bdring » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I would rather not. I don't cut one laser per sheet, even though it would fit. I get better yield by doing a sheet of sides...a sheet of backs, etc. That way I get 6 lasers out of 7 sheets (I am guessing from memory)

I would charge an extra $125 over the basic price. I don't think the bronze one looked too good in my opinion because the opposite side was a different color. The basic colors are gloss/matt of the same color. I put the matt on the inside.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby jv4779 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

My skins were white and I just painted the outside with Krylon spray paint. The white inside helps keep it well lit. I assume you can take any color panel and just paint it to what ever color you want. I scuffed up the surface with some scotchbright pads and sprayed them. The finish hasn't scratched as far as I can see.
jv4779

Postby GiriPod » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm

OK, I'll stick with the blue, especially when you say the bronze/black doesn't look so good.

I'm grateful that you're willing to do the skins and don't want to add unecessary hassle!
GiriPod

Postby SpacedCowboy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

bdring wrote:I would rather not. I don't cut one laser per sheet, even though it would fit. I get better yield by doing a sheet of sides...a sheet of backs, etc. That way I get 6 lasers out of 7 sheets (I am guessing from memory)

Shurely shome mishtake ? 1 laser per sheet => 7 lasers from 7 sheets, no ? Presumably you meant the other way around :)

Anyway, whatever colour is fine by me; I'm easy [grin]. Keen to get an order in when they're ready (yes, I did order a 2.x kit :)

Really appreciate all you do for this, Bart.

Simon
SpacedCowboy

Postby bdring » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 pm

6 lasers out of 7 sheets (I am guessing from memory)

I did say I was guessing :lol:
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby daveczrn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Did I miss somewhere on how to pay off the balance that's owed on my preorder?
daveczrn

Postby evokanivo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 pm

daveczrn wrote:Did I miss somewhere on how to pay off the balance that's owed on my preorder?

Bart will send a payment request when the parts are ready - he told me over email. This was done with paypal in the past, as I recall.
evokanivo

Final Payments

Postby bdring » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes,

I will send out a note for final payment when they are ready to ship. The sheet metal is ready to be picked up, so we are getting close :D
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Next

Return to 2.x Laser Support