DXF/ CAD file for brackets and plastic parts

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

DXF/ CAD file for brackets and plastic parts

Postby zachjowi » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:36 am

Does anyone have the 2D DXF files for the metal brackets or other parts such as the plastic parts from the kit that Bart makes. I have a cnc router, brake, and arbor press so I'm hoping to make some.

Thanks
zachjowi

Re: DXF/ CAD file for brackets and plastic parts

Postby Enraged » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 am

This has some of the stuff: http://buildlog.net/sm_laser/drawings.html
Enraged

Postby zachjowi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Enraged wrote:This has some of the stuff: http://buildlog.net/sm_laser/drawings.html

Thanks I forgot about those ones. It's a start. I might just need to CAD out the others. Not a ton of work but was just looking to save time.
zachjowi

Postby Chankster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 am

"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby hjubm2 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:27 am

Bit of an old thread but does anyone have DXF Files or similar for the two gantry end metal brackets? I've looked all over but can not locate them and I would prefer not to start from scratch considering someone is bound to have drawn them up.

Thanks
hjubm2

Postby sshwarts » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:45 pm

I think that only C14001-001, Laser Carriage Plate is available as DXF because it's a flat piece. The rest are PDF or STEP files of the 3D object. Here's list of the drawings:

http://www.buildlog.net/sm_laser/drawings.html

Scott
sshwarts

Postby hjubm2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 am

Thanks Scott

I have looked at them files before. Only reason I asked about DXF files is because I have seen a few mentions on here of people converting them to DXF to be able to get the parts laser cut etc.
hjubm2

Postby sshwarts » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:29 pm

I think the reason for the bent parts just being drawings (PDFs) is simply that, they needs to be fabricated anyways. I think you'll find most metal shops will take the drawings gladly.

I think a few people have tried plastic 3d printed the end plates, I don't know with how much success. Another option would be to have them printed in metal using the stl files which I have or can make for you from the step file.
sshwarts

Postby hjubm2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:12 am

Thanks for the offer but I already have the standard 2.x version of the metal parts and have looked at the 3d printed ones but they do not work with my design or the mirrors I am using so I'm looking to redesign the parts but my CAD skills are poor at best hence why i'm hoping someone else has already converted them. Cutting out the parts is not a problem, I am planning on finalising the design on my 3d printer before I cut them out of Aluminium Composite or similar on the router but it's just the actual design work that's letting me down.
hjubm2

Return to 2.x Laser Support