Please try Read & Write using memory stick

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Please try Read & Write using memory stick

Postby Speedythinker » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Folks, recently a user complained that he couldn't do "Write & Read" files through a USB memory stick. He has tried 3 boards. I tested the 3rd one I sent and found no problem for R&W. I tested the 2nd board he returned, and after ran the ugprade, I coudln't find the error either. Please try yours card and report what you found to the following post

http://www.lightobject.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=974

Thank you for your help

Marco
Speedythinker

Re: Please try Read & Write using memory stick

Postby canadianavenger » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:32 am

Have your user check what file-system his memory stick is formatted with. I imagine your DSP board only supports FAT filesystems, so if his stick is RAW or NTFS it won't be recognized.
canadianavenger

Postby Speedythinker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:45 am

I don't think it's possible to format a USB stick (removable) for NTFS system under XP. But I'm not sure if it's possible on Windows 7 or other OS like Win2000 or Window 98 as I tried it on XP. But I did ask the user to try it on XP but the problem still unsolved. That's why I need help from folks who is using DSP card (2012) to try it for me.

Marco
Speedythinker

Postby a542002 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:23 am

Hi,
I did figure out with marcos help what was the probleme: after inserting the USB stick formated in FAT32 I need to press the reset botton afterwards the the machine will recognize the stick.
the probleme what I have now is that the machine will only accept files in the machine file format what is " .UD5" it will not recocgnize the files saved from the lasercut software because they are in format " . pwj5" and it is pretty much impossible to safe from LC to ".UD5" format.
this means I have to load the file first in the machine and then download it back to the USB stickl what is realy bad and means the computer has to be connected first and I can not make the file on another machine - download it to the USB stick and then load it in the machine.
lots of little things which only come out during real work need to be worked out with lasercut software and the AW608
greetings
walt
a542002

Postby mattrsch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:42 pm

You can save directly to the stick, it's just not in the save or save as menu. When you click download (like when you are sending it directly to the DSP) there is an option on that screen to save it to a U drive. Click that. If you can't find it I will post pictures when I get home.
mattrsch

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller