Anybody know how to get this DSP running?

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Anybody know how to get this DSP running?

Postby generalsocial » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:52 pm

I have a DIY laser but also this Red Sail laser: http://mambohead.com/2012/02/laser-controller/

The software disk that came with the machine doesn't seem to work. It requires a doggle but they didn't give me anything that works with it.

Does anybody recognize the controller? How to get this thing running?
generalsocial

Re: Anybody know how to get this DSP running?

Postby generalsocial » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm

I know this thing can read directly off a usb key. I plugged a key in but it doesn't recognize the pdf files I had on it.

What format is it looking for?
generalsocial

Postby a542002 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi
you need to put the type ( name )and # here. I am not sure if this is a DSP controller at all.
greetings
walt

generalsocial wrote:I have a DIY laser but also this Red Sail laser: http://mambohead.com/2012/02/laser-controller/

The software disk that came with the machine doesn't seem to work. It requires a doggle but they didn't give me anything that works with it.

Does anybody recognize the controller? How to get this thing running?
a542002

Postby twehr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 pm

There are a number of DSP models out there, most originally came from the same manufacturer, I believe. Each commercial buyer could put their own security in, so trying to go cross-company will likely not work for you.

You said it "requires" a doggle. How do you know that - by written information or by looking at the card and seeing a slot for it. IF it is the latter, then you may be mistaken. A lot of the models allow you to directly load projects from a USB key onto the controller, eliminating the need for a connected computer.

If the doggle is really not needed, then you MAY be able to get it going by finding the software (similar to, but not the same as, LaserCAD on LightObject's system). Again, the laser manufacturers each have their own passwords on the configurations settings, so you probably need to find the exact product and version that was designed for your machine.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby Speedythinker » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 pm

That's an old Leetro DSP controller card. Highly chance that need a security key (dongle) in order to work. If you can send me more detail, card model number, the software version, LCD version... as much as you can. I'll give a try see if I can get a 'unlocked' software for you. Our DSP card used to have a protection key but I request to take that out.

FYI, I'll launch the old DSP card (V1) in about 1 months the latest or 2 months. The price will be much less compare to the current 2012 AWC-608. Software and hardware are pretty much 'canned' and we won't be able to change/add features on that card. Even though it doesn't come up so many great features like the current model, but that model can do the job right and well, and it's much better than the "Moshi" for usre and ideal for folks who want DIY or doing upgrade on K40 but don't want to spend big$. This is a great board to try "DSP"

Plus, I'll offer buy back option for the old model user in case you need to upgrade to the new 2012.

Marco
Speedythinker

Postby lasersafe1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:43 am

Speedythinker wrote:Plus, I'll offer buy back option for the old model user in case you need to upgrade to the new 2012.
Marco

Hello Marco! Did I just hear you say what I thought I heard you say? It is I, John, your first buyer of the original DSP back in 2009. Maker of the video now famous on your web site. Do you now have a trade-up policy? Please tell me more!
lasersafe1

Postby trwalters001 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:36 am

I might be interested in that too.

BUT - I keep reading about all the problems with the 2012 version.

What's the differences between the 2012 and previous versions?

My "old" DSP (the version with autofocus) works very well...

Tim
trwalters001

Postby Speedythinker » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:31 am

lasersafe1 wrote:
Speedythinker wrote:Plus, I'll offer buy back option for the old model user in case you need to upgrade to the new 2012.
Marco

Hello Marco! Did I just hear you say what I thought I heard you say? It is I, John, your first buyer of the original DSP back in 2009. Maker of the video now famous on your web site. Do you now have a trade-up policy? Please tell me more!

Hello John:

The 'old model' that I want to manufacture is an older version card. It doesn't has it's own drawing software but an add-on module for CorelDraw or Autocad. You're a seond generation. The older version is more idle for K40 upgrade as it comes with less fancy features like networking, USB memory, auto focus, X-Y coordination, simulator...etc. It's more down to earth and ready for production job. The card relys on CorelDraw or Autocard for graphic drawing as it doesn't come with its drawing tools.

My intention is to let folks to try "DSP" in affordable way before paying $500 for buying the latest model. For upgrading K40 or converting a CNC, I think the older model is a better way to get approach, agreed? The new DSP cost much higher to make than the old card and I really can't do much on it. But for the older version, I have some control as I have the schematic and the software module that need no 'dongle key'. So, to some extend the cost is controllabe. Currently we're working on purchasing parts and PCB layout. In the mean timne, I'm designing a new LCD panel for. If everyting goes all right, I should have 10 samples card ready in 4~6 weeks. Then I'll import it in quantity.

Price: $285 (new estimated).

PM me if you need some help.

Marco
Speedythinker

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller