picture engraving with LC v.5.85

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

picture engraving with LC v.5.85

Postby a542002 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 am

Hi all
I thought I put my experience with picture engraving with my little converted K40 system with the AW-608 card and lasercut v.5.85 up here.
I am doing a lot of picture in diofferent materials like corian, acrylic cast and all kinds of wood and I did it in the beginning with using coreldraw X4 and X5 and prepairing the picture in corel photopaint x4 and x5.
over time I found out that if I prepaire the picture in photopaint to 8 bit greyscale save them in BMP and import them directly in lasercut they come out excellent better as if I used coreldraw first. this way it gives much more depht .
I use in lasercut the build in dithering and mostly set the dithering value on 0.001 and the scan gap to 0.04.
maybe somebody like this too.
left picture shows corian 1 pass with 60 speed and poer at 40%, the right shos two pass with 40 speed and 60% power ( about 10mA)
test2scan0001.jpg
a542002

Re: picture engraving with LC v.5.85

Postby a542002 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:05 am

Hi all
here is another picture made with the DSP and a 40W co2 chinese laser
the intend was to try to make a kind of semi 3D picture with this laser
it did come out pretty good especially in this dark bamboo
greetings
walt
laserpict1scanhelg.jpg
a542002

Postby twehr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:19 pm

a542002 wrote:Hi all
greetings
walt
laserpict1scanhelg.jpg

For anybody who has not tried it...Bamboo is wonderful for engraving and cutting; engraves and cuts nicely but still is a reasonably hard material. The engraving tone can be really nice darker brown. I love working with Bamboo.

The hard part is getting 1/8" Bamboo, which is so nice for a lot of projects. Even 1/4" is a tad hard to locate. I know of one dealer in the US but minimum ordering qty is more that I need/want/can afford!
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby a542002 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi tim
I use bamboo flooring panels ( solid) and plane them down to about 3/8 inch I probably could plane it down to 1/4 never try this because I am happy with 3/8.
if you want some send me a PM I can give it to you for just the shipping.
grretings
walt

twehr wrote:
a542002 wrote:Hi all
greetings
walt
laserpict1scanhelg.jpg

For anybody who has not tried it...Bamboo is wonderful for engraving and cutting; engraves and cuts nicely but still is a reasonably hard material. The engraving tone can be really nice darker brown. I love working with Bamboo.

The hard part is getting 1/8" Bamboo, which is so nice for a lot of projects. Even 1/4" is a tad hard to locate. I know of one dealer in the US but minimum ordering qty is more that I need/want/can afford!
a542002

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller