lasercut and lightobject DSP probleme

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

lasercut and lightobject DSP probleme

Postby a542002 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi all
maybe some one can help me out here because marco dont wana do anythings anymore for me.
I have the new DSP from lightobject in my 40w laser egnraver completly converted with new mea 17 stepper motor stepper driver 2M5042 laser PWm.
I use a new laptop and hade installed the lasercut 5.83 it worked perfect then I uninstalled the 5.83 and installed the 5.84 version what started out very good but after about 50 hours there started trouble first I could not open files saved prior from laser cut to my hard drive , then I get a opening screen in chinese , now the positioning in laser cut is not what the dsp GIVES TO THE LASER. it does not matter where I set the grafic it does not change the location in the machine out put.
I have completly deleted the lasercut programm on the computer and new installed even try and installed the lasercut v 5.83 again.
I also have unpluged all connection on the DSP card and LCD also unpluged the main power for hours no change .
now the question if somebody here has a idea to help me out.
I can not get any support from marco anymore because he believes he had done enough I dont know what service this is but I have to live with it.
thanks and greetings
walt
a542002

Re: lasercut and lightobject DSP probleme

Postby naPS » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Please don't drag this garbage over here. You've already cluttered up one forum with your endless rambling and refusal to accept help. Just send your card back already and bother someone else. I'm sick of reading this.
naPS

Postby a542002 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:54 pm

he hey you are one of a kind
I would see you if something does not work what you do. I just ask for someone who maybe has a idee how to solve the problemeI helped so many people in all the foren without to go mad or refuse to help .
I just hear such comments from guys who dont even have this card in use its very strange.
you must read something wrong if you say i did refuse help you should read again my friend
but anyway maybe someone has a idea
greetings
walt

naPS wrote:Please don't drag this garbage over here. You've already cluttered up one forum with your endless rambling and refusal to accept help. Just send your card back already and bother someone else. I'm sick of reading this.
a542002

Postby twehr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:59 pm

a542002 wrote:Hi all
maybe some one can help me out here because marco dont wana do anythings anymore for me.
I have the new DSP from lightobject in my 40w laser egnraver completly converted with new mea 17 stepper motor stepper driver 2M5042 laser PWm.
I use a new laptop and hade installed the lasercut 5.83 it worked perfect then I uninstalled the 5.83 and installed the 5.84 version what started out very good but after about 50 hours there started trouble first I could not open files saved prior from laser cut to my hard drive , then I get a opening screen in chinese , now the positioning in laser cut is not what the dsp GIVES TO THE LASER. it does not matter where I set the grafic it does not change the location in the machine out put.
I have completly deleted the lasercut programm on the computer and new installed even try and installed the lasercut v 5.83 again.
I also have unpluged all connection on the DSP card and LCD also unpluged the main power for hours no change .
I can not get any support from marco anymore because he believes he had done enough I dont know what service this is but I have to live with it.
thanks and greetings
walt

Walt,

The positioning is only controlled by where you place it IF you tell it to do so. The default setting is to have it always place it at whatever is set as the origin at the machine. You set in the the Control Parameters Settings dialog (Settings button on your main screen). It is called Cut Mode.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby naPS » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 am

a542002 wrote:he hey you are one of a kind
I would see you if something does not work what you do. I just ask for someone who maybe has a idee how to solve the problemeI helped so many people in all the foren without to go mad or refuse to help .
I just hear such comments from guys who dont even have this card in use its very strange.
you must read something wrong if you say i did refuse help you should read again my friend
but anyway maybe someone has a idea
greetings
walt

Actually sir, you are one of a kind. You're the only one that I've ever seen a vendor say just send your stuff back for a refund because they are obviously unable to help you. Which is exactly what happened on the lightobject forums.

Several people have tried to help. We have realized it's futile. I'm sorry, maybe there's a language barrier, or possibly just some giant comprehension problem, but whatever it is, it's not working.

I have this card, and it is in use. Worked right out of the box.
naPS

Postby a542002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am

Hi tim
do you maybe hAVE ANOTHER PROGRAM?? because I can not find any settings for cut box anywhere.
I use lasercut 5.83
thanks for all the help
greetings
walt

twehr wrote:
a542002 wrote:Hi all
thanks and greetings
walt

Walt,

The positioning is only controlled by where you place it IF you tell it to do so. The default setting is to have it always place it at whatever is set as the origin at the machine. You set in the the Control Parameters Settings dialog (Settings button on your main screen). It is called Cut Mode.
a542002

Postby twehr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Walt,

I forgot to mention that I have documented how this works in my blog - "Getting to the Origin".
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby twehr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:01 pm

I don't have the current version of the board or software. However, I believe I recall Marco saying that in the current version, all of the various settings have been moved to a centralized location, to make it less confusing for finding them all. I believe he said they are all in the main options (setting?) menu now. Please look there. It is possible that they have renamed it but I believe you should be able to read the various settings available and determine which one applies.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby a542002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi tim
first thanks
I guess thats the probleme with all the new stuff it is pretty much imposible without spending lots of time
I did all this settings allready and did format the memory a few times reloaded lasercut 5.83 and 5.85 but not hing changes this
do you know how to remove all previous version manually from the computer ? the uninstall does not remove it.
thanks again
walt

twehr wrote:I don't have the current version of the board or software. However, I believe I recall Marco saying that in the current version, all of the various settings have been moved to a centralized location, to make it less confusing for finding them all. I believe he said they are all in the main options (setting?) menu now. Please look there. It is possible that they have renamed it but I believe you should be able to read the various settings available and determine which one applies.
a542002

Postby twehr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

a542002 wrote:Hi tim
first thanks
I guess thats the probleme with all the new stuff it is pretty much imposible without spending lots of time
I did all this settings allready and did format the memory a few times reloaded lasercut 5.83 and 5.85 but not hing changes this
do you know how to remove all previous version manually from the computer ? the uninstall does not remove it.
thanks again
walt

Probably in a single folder at the root of your C:/ drive. It will be called LaserCut or PHCad or something like that. There are drivers installed but that is only for the USB connections which is obviously working for you. There is also the Corel or other interface installed, but again, they should not be the issue. Just removing the single folder at the root of C should remove the application an it's resources.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Next

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller