RDC6332G Laser Controller

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

RDC6332G Laser Controller

Postby daveshappy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am

Hi All,
I have just taken delivery of an RDC6332G controller.
Have looked through the manual but cant see how to change the display to English.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Cheers ave
Mill, Drill and Burn :-)
daveshappy

Re: RDC6332G Laser Controller

Postby TLHarrell » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:17 pm

The manual and all online resources I've read are so full of Engrish it's tough, but extremely entertaining to read. But I found nothing regarding switching the display language to English. You may try contacting your distributor directly to find the proper key sequence to push to get to it. Either that, or start learning Chinese now so you're ahead of the game when they become our overlords. :lol:
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Postby daveshappy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks for the help.
All sorted with help of the supplier.
The system looks good and runs on Linux so its got lots of potential.
Will keep you up with progress as the project moves forward.
Cheers Dave
daveshappy

Postby iGull » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi Dave

I'm in the throes of designing/building yet another laser and I'm interested in your experiences with RuiDa and your new DSP controller.
I'm only thinking of the RDLC320-A 3 axis controller and display as I don't need/want anything fancier - my main reason was to have something that used RDCAM/Laserworks rather than LaserCad.
How did you pay for it, they only offered me 'Western Union' (I think of covered wagons and cowboys when that is mentioned :-) ) and 'TT' whatever that is ??? Not PayPal unfortunately.
You mentioned that your controller runs on Linux - I assume the controller ITSELF runs on Linux and not the actual interface software ( I too tried to read the engrish on their site :-) )? - now that would be nice as there could be a chance of a port to MacOSX :D

I understand your issues with Engrish :-)) I edited my LaserCAD language file quite heavily . The only issue with that is if there is an upgrade and it wipes the edited file - you then have to double check that the line numbers match before just swapping the edited file in - if they don't match, it's a long and painful editing job. However, I now no longer update as my system is quite 'stable' for everyday use.

TIA

Cheers

Neil
EMOs are a sign of weakness ...
iGull

Postby daveshappy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Neil,

Just collecting the parts for the laser cutter at the moment.
I obtained the controller aliexpress dot com
Have powered it up and connected steppers and all works and are able to connect to the PC and drawn a box.
That's my limit of experience with the unit so far.
Christmas is on its way and I will be having six weeks away from work so should have time to play with it.
Let me know if you would like any more info

Cheers Dave
daveshappy

Postby cnc74 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 am

Daveshappy,

What make you chose this particular unit? Are you sure it will work? Is it comparable to any other more well known units?

The reason I ask is because I am interested in the newer model (the RDC6344G with the 7" color touchscreen) but cant find anyone that has used one for this type of application yet.

Any additional information on these units and this company would be appreciated!!
cnc74

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller