AWC 608 will be discontinued..

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Re: AWC 608 will be discontinued..

Postby Speedythinker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:45 pm

I read you. I've been talking this subject to Li (programmer) but it seems that he was just too busy to add that feature to the LaserCad. Recently there are two new DSP on production/development. Therefore, his time is pretty much booked up. I chatted with him last night about the exclusive right for LightObject to carry his product in USA and distribute to other foreign countries. He said that he could even make an office stamps on an agreement. Even more, he can even take a picture with me and post on the web if any folks are having question about it. :lol:

Anyway, I'm going to spend more time to persuade him to add the feature to my version LaserCad if possible. Even it did, it may be most likely happen to the newer DSP card though. Well, I see what I can do. I'm heading back to China on coming April so I'll stay in his office for few days and have him to add some features for me. It is still a little far from April but I'm going to write down all feature need and discuss it before our meeting.

By the way, I personally thinking that being able to gray scale engraving is a BIG plus to the laser. But I don't know the technique behind that. Is it a must to convert the color raster image to black and white (or gray scale) first? Any particular file format is used for pictures with the gray scale? Will speed be scarified when doing grayscale engraving? Or, does the system need to pre-scanned it one time before doing actual engraving? That's something I'm not quite sure and need to know in advance. If I know more about it (because I'm not a user), I think I can present to Li and have him to look at it. Things could be easier.

Cheers!
Marco
LightObject.com
Speedythinker

Postby Speedythinker » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi all:

After talking with the programmer, we agreed that we have to come up a separated version LaserCad if an extra features like 256 grey scale, camera capture, and/or other features added. It won't be free though but it won't be expensive either, probably $35 a copy or so. To protect ourselves from copying (can't stop folks from sharing), we may need to use a dongle (security lock) to lock the software if embedded code didn't work well.

The standard copy still free of charge and no dongle needed. FYI, any DSP purchase from China will not be able to use the software, even with dongle or not. The different version LaserCad is exclusively and custom made for LightObject only. Plus, a registration may be required and if a copy version detected, the original copy will be voided and we will no longer supported buyer. I think it is fair as we can't do extra work from non LO customer.

Here is the latest X7 board available for sale
http://www.lightobject.com/X7-DSP-Contr ... -P940.aspx

Regards,
Marco
Speedythinker

Postby sshwarts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Marco:
Do bear in mind that many users run LaserCad on two machines. In my case, my desktop machine running all my design software and a laptop connected to the laser. Most of the time, I move a ud5 file over on a USB key so the laptop does little, but if I experimenting with settings, then the laptop LaserCad is doing the work. Also I'd add that my desktop machine is a Mac running VMWare Fusion (windows on Mac) and dongles often don't work properly in that configuration.

I wish that LaserCad was modular, so that you get the base program and then pay for extra features you need. If you did that, you'd make revenue off of people who pirated the software since its easy to allow the extra feature a limited number of installs.

Thanks
sshwarts

Postby Speedythinker » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 pm

That make things very complicated. I tried my best. By the way, I'm not sure if Li can make the 3D engraving possible. I need to do more research of what logic behind the 3D image and can be interpreted by the laser controller. It isn't a easy task but won't give it up. I think the DSP card now is very stable even though not 100% trouble free but solid enough for handling most jobs. So, it is time to move on to the next phase: adding features.

Thank you for the support and advise!

Marco
Speedythinker

Postby eleben » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Sorry for digging up an old thread but "camera capture" was mentioned which I'm interested in.

Is this "camera capture" as in if I print something out with registration marks I could use the camera to orient the cutting path. Similar to Universal's camera registration system or trotec's.

If that wasn't the intent of the "camera capture" mentioned. Does anyone know of a DIY module/DSP controller that supports this?

Thanks!
eleben

Previous

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller