AWC 608 will be discontinued..

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

AWC 608 will be discontinued..

Postby verncoc » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:28 am

Sinjoe laser, the maker of the controller has announced that they will discontinue this controller. Its being replaced with the ACW 708.
verncoc

Re: AWC 608 will be discontinued..

Postby sshwarts » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:09 pm

As is complicated with these Chinese companies, Sinjoe doesn't manufacture the AWC-608. They buy it from Shenzhen qincheng. The 708 is just their latest model. The web site: AWC608.com is the web site of the company that makes the controllers.
sshwarts

Postby verncoc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:39 pm

You are correct, it's not manufactured by Sinjoe.
Thanks
Vern
verncoc

Postby Speedythinker » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 pm

How come I don't know about it?!

Forget about those rumors or whoever claimed that they were the manufacturer of AWC DSP card. Shame on those companies in China who always trying to make business by using this kind cheap tactics. First "Thunder Laser", and now " Sinjoe" who else after that?!

AWC608 will stay cool and will be on production as usual. Some find cheaper by ordering it from China (AliExpress or from other seller) for saving may be $100. Well, if anything goes wrong, good luck for the services!

A newer version of new DSP will be available soon. I should have it this in this week. I'll work alone with "Li" to custom the Laser
Cad for my own use (LightObject). Another version DSP with touch-screen is on development and closed to final. Probably take another 6 months.

Regards,
Marco
(LightObject.com)
Speedythinker

Postby Greolt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:12 am

I don't think Sinjoe actually claim to be the manufacturer of the Anywells range of controllers, just that they sell them. As do a hundred other companies in China. Check out Alibaba.

Although they may well be happy for you to assume they are the manufacturers.

As far as I can tell, they are made by Shenzhen Automation Technology Co Ltd. Though I would not bet too much on that being fact.

Sinjoe do provide LaserCad to download on their site. A number of latest versions.
Greolt

Postby Speedythinker » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Shenzhen Trocen Technology Co., Ltd
or Shenzhen Qiancheng Automatic Technology Co., Ltd

is the company that own and manufacturing the DSP. We, LightObject are the only authorized dealer to sell USA. But the fact is that there are many seller in China made purchase from the company and sell it on Alibaba without fulfill the obligation that only sell in China. Even Li, the programmer and the President of the company realize the fact. We arw working closely and trying to come up a solution like a digital lock on theLaserCad. Without this protection, I'm reluctant to add more features to the Laser Cad because some folks distributed my work freely to other user who didnt buy from me.

To be clear, I am not the programmer but I can ask Li to add features per request. Well, some but not all my request can be added depends on the difficult and the exta effort is well justified.

FYI, one feature that I may add is real time camera capture funtion. It allow one to flip work area to camea screen and check the job in real time.. Think about cutting wasn't cut through the object has been picked up. Without help from the camea and a beam tracer, you hardly can cut into the same route but waste that piece of pricy material.

Marco

Marco
LightObject
Speedythinker

Postby sshwarts » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Marco:
I understand your position but I implore you, don't do a dongle or anything similar. A serial number registration would be fine (it's usually a number derived from user's name and email address).

Thanks
sshwarts

Postby Techgraphix » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Speedythinker wrote:We, LightObject are the only authorized dealer to sell USA.

Hi Marco, do i understand right that you are the only one that's authorized to sell in the USA?? So, the rest of the world?

Kees
Techgraphix

Postby Speedythinker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:30 am

Actually, LO handle most sales to foreign country like Canada, Australia, UK, Italy, New Zeland.... any countries other than China. QiangChen let me take care the maket exclude China. I am based on USA so I am usIng. USA as terms to represent my exclusive right to sell.

That's our ideal plan but things didn't go as expected and it is more complicated than what we thought. Li shown his difficult to limit his buyer from selling International other than China. So, our plan is to embed a code on the card and validated by the new LaserCad. Only card sold from LO can run on the software that is custom made with extra feature that most Chinese machine don't use will be added. Like the 256 grayscalebfor makIng. 3D-like engraving. But it is not an easy task. I need to find a C programmer to work closely with me. Plus, Li promised to open some ports allow me to add custom feature. I will negotiate with him to share partial sources code for my own purpose. But in he current s5age, I won't promise what I can do. It is just some thought that we have talked about

Regads,
Marco
LightObject.com

I promise that I want add a dongle to lock it. That's for sure

Marco
Speedythinker

Postby Chankster » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Marco,

Appreciate the work. Proper greyscale cutting would definitely be a highly appreciated feature. IMO thats the main item that makes the controller lag behind the FSE RetinaEngrave.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Next

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller