LO-X7 Problem with output size or work space range

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

LO-X7 Problem with output size or work space range

Postby bloq » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Hello,

i have a problem with the configuration of the lo-x7. I recognized, that all my objects where half the size they should have been. I checked my stepper settings and saw, that i made
the wrong settings for my calculated um/pulse value. (I had 1/16 mirocstepping but reesers formula used 1/8). I changed my drivers to 1/8 microstepping which resulted in the correct
dimension for the lasered objects. Unfortunately there was a new issue. My workspace is 1320 x 800 mm and is defined that way in the lasercad and the dsp. When i move the gantry to the upper
right corner the system tells me that i reached X: 630 and Y: 400. This is half of the original size ;-). I am not sure how i can change this ...

thanks a lot,
tm
bloq

Re: LO-X7 Problem with output size or work space range

Postby Techgraphix » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Just curious: did you specifiy the middle as 0/0 ?

Kees
Techgraphix

Postby bloq » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:14 pm

oh this is a good question. Where can this be done? I did not change anything and it worked before. Now my machine runs into hardware limit all the time because the soft limit is not correct anymore ...

tm
bloq

Postby bloq » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:54 pm

My machine is homing on the bottem left and this should be 0 and 0 so i think this should be correct ...
bloq

Postby Techgraphix » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:43 pm

On your display you can see the actual X and Y position. Normaly, the homingpoint is set to zero for the axis that triggered there (X and Y). For autofocus, the triggerpoint is set Zero for the Z-axis.
Kees
Techgraphix

Postby bloq » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:49 pm

yes this is zero but i still have the problem that the workspace is displayed smaller than it really is. I have no clue where this is coming from ...
bloq

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller