ORD Bot Logo

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: ORD Bot Logo

Postby Gijs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 pm

thanks,

the fact that they require color more than the other logo, makes it maybe more difficult to implement though (for example when used on PCB), so I can understand that Bart prefers the other logos. Still, apart from this, I believe a single logo for both bots would be better in communicating the ORD bot
Gijs

Postby Liberty4Ever » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Sorry for resurrecting this thread from three months ago, but where are the OFFICIAL logos for the Quantum and Hadron ORD Bots, preferably in a hi-res format?
Apparently, I didn't build that! :-)
Liberty4Ever

Postby Gijs » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Since I designed these logo's I can export them in any format you want. Just let me know what format you prefer.
Cheers,
Gijs
Gijs

Postby Enraged » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:06 pm

how about an ORDbot logo shotglass?
Enraged

Postby WhiteB0rd » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Gijs wrote:Since I designed these logo's I can export them in any format you want. Just let me know what format you prefer.
Cheers,
Gijs

Well, a proper dfx can be imported and manipulated in SCAD, so "branding" scad objects with the logo would be trivial. That would be my preference. But while you're at it, svg and eps would also be cool....

WB
WhiteB0rd

Postby Liberty4Ever » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:07 am

I downloaded the low-res version as I figured it'd be OK for what I was doing today. I converted it to gray scale and monochrome, not sure which the laser would like the best. About three miles away from home, I realized I forgot to put the image file on my thumb drive. Doh. Oh well, at least I remembered the dimensioned drawing I had printed - thanks Bart! I got to the laser and downloaded the Hadron logo image on this site again, and edited it with the bitmap editor in Corel Draw.

I cut some Hadron feet on the laser, from .25" thick black acrylic.

It's a crummy scan. They actually look much better in real life.
Liberty4Ever

Postby Gijs » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:10 am

that looks nice!

the logo's can be downloaded here (zip contains ai, eps, dxf, svg)

cheers,
Gijs
Gijs

Postby Liberty4Ever » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you for the logos. Thank you for designing them, thank you for making them available to the open source community, and thank you for zipping them into an official logo download. I'm going to resist the urge to put the logo on every part on my 3D printer. Too much of a good thing.

Thanks also for everyone else's logo contributions. I can honestly say they were all more clever than anything I could have created, and MUCH more visually appealing than anything I could have created. I GIMP, but it's the technical side of pixel banging. I don't have any visual artistic design ability. I do appreciate good visual design, though, and the logo designs submitted for the ORD Bots were better than most of the $300,000 logos sold to Fortune 500 companies. I've seen nicer coffee ring stains on napkins.
Liberty4Ever

Postby flickerfly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 pm

bump, cause this should float to the top every once in awhile. Maybe it should even be stickied.
flickerfly

Postby Alup » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Are you a Doctor Who fan? Those logo's look like Gallifreyan.
Alup

PreviousNext

Return to ORD Bot