Wade's family of extruders

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: Wade's family of extruders

Postby WhiteB0rd » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:43 pm

naPS wrote:Anyone printed / devised a fan mount yet?

I have plans to add optional fan mounting tabs to my design. Can anyone provide a reference link to the standard mounting point dimensions?

WB
WhiteB0rd

Postby crispyfry » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 pm

You could always hot glue it to the carriage...
crispyfry

Postby IPvFletch » Tue May 01, 2012 2:51 am

crispyfry wrote:You could always hot glue it to the carriage...

Waiting for someone to print an extrude-a-carriage (one piece)... :D
IPvFletch

Postby Zat German » Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Anyone take a shot at tackling a combo fan housing, extruder riser for J Head+Wades? If not, I think I am going to. I think my fan is still hitting my prints with IMPLA which is causing poor layer adhesion and might be messing with the nozzle. I also want to recover the 2" or so height that the J Head is currently using. I want to get a nice separation of hot and cold ends, probably using the extruder carriage plate as the division line.
Zat German

Postby WhiteB0rd » Fri May 04, 2012 12:17 am

Zat German wrote:Anyone take a shot at tackling a combo fan housing, extruder riser for J Head+Wades?

Well, not quite, but I can build an optional module to make room for the J Head in my design quite easily.

Still thinking through the fan mount options.

What is the diameter when it comes out of the Wades?

OK, found the reference..... looks like a 20mm diameter hole should give sufficient clearance?

WB
WhiteB0rd

Postby WhiteB0rd » Fri May 04, 2012 2:19 am

Zat German wrote:Anyone take a shot at tackling a combo fan housing, extruder riser for J Head+Wades?

Oh, what the hell...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22483

BudaMount_v0.42_view3.png

BudaMount_v0.42_view2.png

NB: I have NOT printed this version yet. I did print an earlier version and realized some things weren't right, this is the correction / upgrade.

I am uncertain about the legs which protrude furthest forward, as they are slotted to grip the carriage. If they don't print right for you, or the alignment is off, they're a module (everything in this is modular), so open the .scad, read the first 50 lines or so and follow the directions.

I put in a method to support (OK, bad pun) a J-head assuming a 20mm diameter would provide clearance, but you will have to dig into the code as above to enable it.

There's also a set of side legs which extend to the right to mate up to the other holes in the carriage, also optional (and not pictured).

Please, someone with a well dialed-in printer have a go at this and let me know how it goes.

Next on the project list is a fan mount for a 40mm fan. I don't think the BudaSchnozzle is going to need it, but the J-heads or others might, and I'll make it modular as well.

WB
WhiteB0rd

Postby nargos » Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello,

could someone print the extruderplate from mhensen for me. Payment for costs could be done by paypal or moneybookers.

Many thanks in advance
Gerd
nargos

Postby nargos » Sat May 19, 2012 6:49 am

nargos wrote:Hello,

could someone print the extruderplate from mhensen for me. Payment for costs could be done by paypal or moneybookers.

Many thanks in advance
Gerd

I managed to get one.

Thanks for your offers
Gerd
nargos

Previous

Return to ORD Bot