mhensen wrote:My Take on the Wade extruder..
Well, I've been working on the same issue for a while, here's are a couple of snapshots of the work in progress.
- I have not yet printed this, and don't believe it's ready to print just yet. I think I need to tweak the SCAD so that it's properly oriented on the bed, it's upside-down right now.
- I need to verify all the dimensions with a mic on the kit that I have in hand, and the wade's derivatives mounting dimensions. Fasteners and relative locations are based on diagrams, not actual measurements at this point. Measure twice, cut once....
- This is intended to mount a Budaschnozzle to the ORDbot carriage using a wade's derivative extruder. It can easily be modified for other hot ends like the J-head mhenson appears to be using.
- Everything is (or will be) parameterized, so the height, thickness of the upper plate, fastener sizes, Y axis offset will all be easily modifiable in SCAD.
- I'm using this project as a hammer to make myself learn SCAD. It shows in some places in the code. WHEN I release it, I will appreciate feedback on how to improve.