Printed Stuff

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Printed Stuff

Postby bdring » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 pm

We want 3D printer pr0n

I just happen to have these things in my bag. Two items are from a Wade's extruder and one is a housing I use at work. It was not altered in anyway for the print and has overhangs, etc. It did very well though.

Crappy cell phone picture..

printed_01.jpg
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Printed Stuff

Postby bjoerngiesler » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Very nice, thanks! At what speed were these printed?
bjoerngiesler

Printed speed

Postby bdring » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

The slowest I go is 160 mm/sec and the fastest I regularly print is about 280mm/sec. These were all printed at 250 mm/sec. I like to print the first layers relatively slowly. This makes sure they are well adhered to the base and smooth.

I notice that going too fast on the base layers makes them a little rough and that takes a few layers to smooth out. It am not using a heated bed with PLA. I think the rapid cooling of the first layer makes it rough at higher speeds. Slic3r allows you to control the first layer speed independent of the other layers.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Printed Stuff

Postby Gijs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:42 pm

pretty decent quality as far as I can tell from this picture! I like that color
Gijs

Re: Printed speed

Postby bjoerngiesler » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:52 pm

bdring wrote:The slowest I go is 160 mm/sec and the fastest I regularly print is about 280mm/sec. These were all printed at 250 mm/sec. I like to print the first layers relatively slowly. This makes sure they are well adhered to the base and smooth.

Wow. Just wow. I've seen speeds on a Prusa posted at around 150mm/sec, and Ultimakers max out at around 350mm/sec. Not sure about the regular speed there. Regular prints at close to 300mm/sec is pretty sensational. Especially at the price...
bjoerngiesler

Return to ORD Bot