Hadron BOM question

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Hadron BOM question

Postby robotdad » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:50 am

Got my Hadron in the mail today and am busy setting up. Very nice packing, thanks.

Reviewing the parts they don't match the BOM, there are many more things here than are on there. What BOM shoul I be validating the package contents against?

Also, there are no springs for the wiring. They aren't on the BOM I reviewed, but given the above I dn't know if that is intentional or not. Are springs really necessary for this or could I use some wire sleeves, like the kind used in pc modding.

Now, off to assemble wheels...
robotdad

Re: Hadron BOM question

Postby Zat German » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:04 am

Springs are not included with any of the kits.
Zat German

Postby orcinus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:16 am

Not sure which BOM you're referring to, but the contents of the kit should exactly match the check list that's in the package (it did in my case). The springs are, as Zat German says, not included in the kit and aren't featured on any of the BOMs.

The packing check list with the contents of the kit more or less precisely corresponds to the BOM in the wiki - the only differences are that a part or two has changed shape (like in the case of belt clamps, which were revised).
orcinus

Postby bdring » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 am

Not every kit got a check list because I forgot to put them in a few. Also not every check list was perfectly accurate as the belt clips changed a few times.

The current BOM is here.

http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/i ... tNo=D30060

You can use the bottom table as the check list. It is pretty accurate now except for the belt length. The two bots share a BOM sub assembly which throws the count off a little, but all Hadrons shipped with about 7 feet of belt.

The next change will be to use loop belts, but non will ship that way. The next batch will get them. I will not be doing that batch though.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby robotdad » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 am

Thanks for the quick replies. Yeah, no checklist in mine. Any opinions on using wire sleeves instead of springs? Weighing parts on hand vs. waiting for a McMaster order.
robotdad

Postby orcinus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 am

Ah. Apologies, i thought all the kits came with a checklist and you had a mismatch (surplus) of parts in the actual kit contents.
orcinus

Postby mxk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:04 am

Wire sleeves will work just fine and may be easier to install, but won't look as cool.
mxk

Postby robotdad » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:55 am

I may just take a chance on the hole size for the springs and assemble before they arrive, use the sleeves while waiting.

Oh, I also realized I hit single level on the BOM which hid items in the list at the bottom.
robotdad

Postby oni305 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:23 pm

bdring wrote:Not every kit got a check list because I forgot to put them in a few. Also not every check list was perfectly accurate as the belt clips changed a few times.

The current BOM is here.

http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/i ... tNo=D30060

You can use the bottom table as the check list. It is pretty accurate now except for the belt length. The two bots share a BOM sub assembly which throws the count off a little, but all Hadrons shipped with about 7 feet of belt.

The next change will be to use loop belts, but non will ship that way. The next batch will get them. I will not be doing that batch though.

also my package arrived without a check list.
checking the BOM everything seems OK, except for four screws which there is no trace in BOM (BCHSM310S Button Head Cap Screw M3 x 10mm Qty 4) where I need these screws?
oni305

Postby bdring » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Those used to be used to mount the belt clamps. They are no longer needed but the hardware bags were already packed. You do not use those, please dispose of responsibly
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Return to ORD Bot