Filament Spool Holder

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: Filament Spool Holder

Postby IPvFletch » Wed May 09, 2012 9:39 pm

This is as live as I can get, short of a quick flight right this second from Austin to Chicago.. :(
But hey, it's not email, like you requested.. :)
IPvFletch

Postby bdring » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

All three given out.

It was another fun time at the HackerSpace. I also went downtown early and got an after hours tour of the our Museum of Science and Industry's Fab Lab. They have three commercial 3D printers, 2 Epilog lasers, 2 vinyl cutters, a 4 x 8 Shopbot, several small wax cutting mills and a lot of other equipment. I donated a Hadron to them. They might build a whole farm of ORD Bots. They hold classes and would like a 1:1 ratio of people to printers.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby IPvFletch » Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm

bdring wrote:All three given out.

It was another fun time at the HackerSpace. I also went downtown early and got an after hours tour of the our Museum of Science and Industry's Fab Lab. They have three commercial 3D printers, 2 Epilog lasers, 2 vinyl cutters, a 4 x 8 Shopbot, several small wax cutting mills and a lot of other equipment. I donated a Hadron to them. They might build a whole farm of ORD Bots. They hold classes and would like a 1:1 ratio of people to printers.

VERY cool!!
IPvFletch

Postby tylerv » Thu May 10, 2012 2:01 pm

bdring wrote:They hold classes and would like a 1:1 ratio of people to printers.

That's one of the most awesome things I've heard in a while. Any organization that's willing to set up a classroom full of specialty hardware, like 3D printers, so the public can learn and use them is worth its weight in filament :D .

On a side note, I'm putting together the parts to make a spool holder. How do I get some of the feet? I looked on the MakerSlide store to no avail, I guess Bart's been to busy making awesome things to post them there.
tylerv

Postby bdring » Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm

How do I get some of the feet?

Print the feet!
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby tylerv » Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Oh yeah... :o I'm still getting used to this whole "Make anything you want, youself" thing... :?
tylerv

Postby tylerv » Fri May 11, 2012 3:54 pm

bdring wrote:Print the feet!

2012-05-11 09.20.00.jpg
tylerv

Previous

Return to ORD Bot