ORD Bot Wannabuyers. Where are you?

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: ORD Bot Wannabuyers. Where are you?

Postby colin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:02 am

Liberty4Ever,

Thanks for taking the time to write! Your detailed & informed feedback is much appreciated. Also I think you're spot on about value added in convenience & time for these open hardware kits.

We've shipped over 1 mile of MakerSlide since the extrusion arrived on Thursday. We're about to ship hundreds of ShapeOko kits. It's been an amazing learning experience to each member of our small team. After ShapeOko ships I'm looking forward to figuring out how we can keep doing this stuff. There will be a celebratory nap in the sun followed by some serious beard-stroking contemplation on the future of open hardware kits at Inventables. Rest assured that we'll post here with any news.

PS - as of this morning the Quantum is the centerpiece of our conference room table :D
http://instagr.am/p/LgxTolTZiu/
colin

Re: ORD Bot Wannabuyers. Where are you?

Postby Liberty4Ever » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am

colin wrote:We've shipped over 1 mile of MakerSlide since the extrusion arrived on Thursday. We're about to ship hundreds of ShapeOko kits.

That's very impressive!

You better have 2m of MakerSlide to fill my order or I'll... thinking of the strongest possible incentive that won't have the FBI arresting me for cyberthreats. :)

Seriously, I want to buy a Quantum ORD Bot complete kit from Inventables, even though I probably have a lot of extra parts from my inefficient scrounging for Hadron parts.
Apparently, I didn't build that! :-)
Liberty4Ever

Previous

Return to ORD Bot