qu-bd Universal 3D Printer Extruder on Kickstarter

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: qu-bd Universal 3D Printer Extruder on Kickstarter

Postby Enraged » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:41 pm

ha, ya hexbright must hold a record for late delivery... if they ever deliver. I paid in July 2011 for that if I recall.
Enraged

Postby gazorp » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm

orcinus wrote:"Waiting forever"? They're a week late. Compare that to some tech Kickstarter projects that are *years* behind schedule (*cough*Hexbright*cough*).

Kickstarter isn't a web shop.

Why would anyone buy a flashlight from kickstarter? And don't get your panties in a bunch! I only asked a simple question...
gazorp

Postby orcinus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Ever heard of the term "flashaholic"?
Combine that with being a junkie for anything programmable, LEDs and electronics and the answer as to why is obvious :)

(combined with the fact it's a user programmable, open-design flashlight with a decent output for size)

Edit: Also, i didn't "buy a flashlight on Kickstarter". You don't BUY stuff on Kickstarter, that's the point i keep trying to make. You finance a project. That project might or might not succeed. You might or might not get a return. Just as with financing any project in the "real world". It's not a web shop. I funded a project i wanted to support, hoping i'll get something out of it - namely, the product - and help it get in the hands of other enthusiasts. But i fully realized i might or might not get it (i quite probably will), that the specs might change (they did, multiple times, for the better) and that there are no firmly set timeframes.
orcinus

Postby gazorp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:17 am

orcinus wrote:Ever heard of the term "flashaholic"?
Combine that with being a junkie for anything programmable, LEDs and electronics and the answer as to why is obvious :)

(combined with the fact it's a user programmable, open-design flashlight with a decent output for size)

Edit: Also, i didn't "buy a flashlight on Kickstarter". You don't BUY stuff on Kickstarter, that's the point i keep trying to make. You finance a project. That project might or might not succeed. You might or might not get a return. Just as with financing any project in the "real world". It's not a web shop. I funded a project i wanted to support, hoping i'll get something out of it - namely, the product - and help it get in the hands of other enthusiasts. But i fully realized i might or might not get it (i quite probably will), that the specs might change (they did, multiple times, for the better) and that there are no firmly set timeframes.

A programmable flashlight? Sounds extremely useful! :lol:

Ask anyone who backs a kickstarter project and 99% will tell you that they certainly expect what they were promised when they decided to pony up the cash. You sir are in the 1% :twisted:

Even your beloved hexlight promises that you have "pre-ordered" the item. If he pocketed the $250K cash and decided to take 10 years "developing" is that legit? No, that is FRAUD. Seriously, How long can it take to "develop" a flashlight?
gazorp

Postby orcinus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:35 am

gazorp wrote:A programmable flashlight? Sounds extremely useful! :lol:

I'm sure every single thing you buy or do is extremely useful too :roll:
Heck, i think i'm gonna sell my ORD Bot, it's not like it's making me any money and i don't really need it for my day to day life. Not useful at all.

gazorp wrote:Even your beloved hexlight promises that you have "pre-ordered" the item. If he pocketed the $250K cash and decided to take 10 years "developing" is that legit? No, that is FRAUD. Seriously, How long can it take to "develop" a flashlight?

Beloved? :lol:
It can take really long, actually. In fact, i know of at least two examples that took much more than a year and were much simpler in design. And those were from people/companies who live from selling flashlights instead of just being hobbyists and enthusiasts. You might have heard of them... Maglite and Surefire? Names ring a bell?

I won't even start on all the "small" brands in the flashlight enthusiast community.

Look, i don't make fun of your hobbies. Heck, i don't even care what your hobbies are. I'd expect you to not make fun of mine in return.
And the fact of what Kickstarter is, how it operates and what it means are as i wrote them - what people expect or want does not change that in the slightest. If i'm the 1% that gets it and 99% doesn't, more fun and less heartburn to me, and more to them ;)
orcinus

Postby Enraged » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:14 am

I just received my Zombicide game and my Hubs. Both successful Kickstarter projects. I'm now waiting on another game, the qubd extruders, a very cool monster art book, the Bug-A-Salt, and, finally, the Hexbright. No items that I actually need, all purchased because they interest me or look like fun.

I love the idea of crowdfunding, it's the next evolution of the group buy mentality. I've done a few group buys for custom car parts, it's a great way for enthusiasts of any subject to band together and get short run or limited edition parts, or to save a big chunk of change compared to buying retail.
Enraged

Postby gazorp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Enraged wrote:I just received my Zombicide game and my Hubs. Both successful Kickstarter projects. I'm now waiting on another game, the qubd extruders, a very cool monster art book, the Bug-A-Salt, and, finally, the Hexbright. No items that I actually need, all purchased because they interest me or look like fun.

I love the idea of crowdfunding, it's the next evolution of the group buy mentality. I've done a few group buys for custom car parts, it's a great way for enthusiasts of any subject to band together and get short run or limited edition parts, or to save a big chunk of change compared to buying retail.

ZOMG don't call it "buying." Orcnus will be so offended! :roll:

P.S.

The item i BOUGHT from kickstarter shipped today. I am so happy to have PURCHASED this great item from kickstarter!
Last edited by gazorp on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gazorp

Postby gazorp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Heck, i think i'm gonna sell my ORD Bot, it's not like it's making me any money and i don't really need it for my day to day life. Not useful at all.

Most ignorant statement ever...
gazorp

Postby naPS » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:21 am

Are you ladies fighting over lil' ol' me?

/batslashes
naPS

Postby mikegrundvig » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Just an extruder update, but they have sent 400 of em as of EOD yesterday and are supposedly packing more all weekend for shipping. Those of you who made it in on the Kickstarter should start seeing extruders soon.

-Mike
mikegrundvig

PreviousNext

Return to ORD Bot