Postby mxk » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 pm

http://hackaday.com/2012/06/16/finally- ... -burritos/

I don't know what to say about this.
mxk

Re: Burritob0t makes hackaday!

Postby Liberty4Ever » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:32 pm

BurritoBot made it to GizMag too.

http://www.gizmag.com/burritobot-burrito-printer/23026

I think it's odd that the BurritoBot is getting more popular nerd press than the ORD Bot, from which it was derived. I guess the whimsical nature of it is deemed more newsworthy... sort of like Tech News meets News Of The Weird.

Or maybe there are a lot of nerds who are just as frustrated as I am with the inefficiency and communication overhead that is associated with every trip to Taco Bell. There is a very high probability that the order will not be filled correctly. My instinct is to automate the process. Ordering Mexican food should be as simple as using an ATM to get money without ever talking to a bank teller. For decades, I've dreamed of the fully automated RoboTaco franchise.

The Taco Bell technology observations also led to my First Law of Technology - "The smarter we make our devices, the dumber people become." Or, put another way, if we make it so that people only need to push a button with a picture of a burrito, pretty soon, people won't be able to find a button with a picture of a burrito.

That doesn't bode well for humanity.

Maybe the BurritoBot is a more significant innovation than I think it is.
Apparently, I didn't build that! :-)
Liberty4Ever

Re: Burritob0t makes hackaday!

Postby loopingz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

Dam Taco Bell is for away from a real taquito de carne took at the kitchen truck!
loopingz

Return to ORD Bot