Unstuck the LCD, hotglued the wires, restuck it.
Now it's back to trying to get the white PLA to print right. I've also updated to latest Marlin (had an oldish version).
Oh, BTW, in case anyone's interested, this is what my wiring looks like:
Not that neat, but very easy to tear down and reconnect.
Everything's color coded. X, Y and Z axes are Red, Green and Blue.
Extruder is White. Hotbed is Yellow. The same colors apply to all the hookups - endstops, servos, heaters, thermistors, power...
The only thing not following the color scheme is the LCD, because i ran out of colors
This is what the LCD connection looks like: