Ord Bot Frame Kits

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Ord Bot Frame Kits

Postby tier2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I am selling a few Hadron Ord Bot frame kits for $425 each. They include the parts in the Hadron BOM.

http://www.progware.com/product_info.php?products_id=39
tier2

Re: Ord Bot Frame Kits

Postby bdring » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

FYI: If anyone is on the fence between buying from Automation Technologies and Progware, Automation Technologies has always paid me a commission on ORD Bot kits.

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.co ... controller
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby madmike8 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 am

Well, that sux even more... I thought you got paid from progware too...

Well if your on the fence, I will also tell you that the progware fit and finish is not that great either. The carriage bracket was bent crooked and the holes in the thicker plates were not round. I either filed or redrilled most of the holes. I used their website to ask about it, and never received a response. If I hadn't already had the maker slide I would have bought the automation kit.

Live and Learn, I guess...

Bart, please pm me your PayPal address.
madmike8

Postby madbox » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 am

Since Bart is getting little commission from Automation Technologies, I ordered a kit from Automation Technologies.

Also, ATI buying experience is going pretty good for me, and I like them.
madbox

Postby mikegrundvig » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm

I won't speak to fit and finish or anything like that, but I will say that I've had multiple good experiences with Automation Technologies in the past when it used to be Keiling.
mikegrundvig

Postby brnrd » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Note that the Ord Bot kits doesn't come with the flexible aluminum z couplers shown in the ATI website. It comes with rigid black metal couplers that use 4 setscrews at 90 deg. My printer is not running yet so I don't know how this will perform. I might need the flexible ones.

Another issue is that the z motor brackets are too thin and flexes too easily. This has already been discussed in another thread in this forum. One solution for the bracket is to laminate two of them together. Luckily brding is selling them for the price of shipping so I ordered 3 of them for the x and z motors.
brnrd

Postby geoffs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm

I got my kit from ATI and it had the black, non flexible couplers.
From previous CNC experience, I think that there has to be some flexibility in the joint so I'll be replacing these with the aluminium ones.

Regards
Geoff
geoffs

Postby brnrd » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 pm

The photo on automationtechnologiesinc.com can actually be considered as false advertising. It clearly shows the flexible aluminum z-couplers. If the kit doesn't come with them, then they should put a note stating that. The kit also came out short of one T-slot not and they didn't even offer to mail one to me. Instead, they told me how I can order them. It's a minor point so I won't pursue it further, but I'm not really satisfied with their response to my e-mails and it has made me reluctant to order from them in the future.
brnrd

Postby bdring » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

The picture is misleading. I guess that is partly my fault. Their web page has extensive references to the BOM and assembly documentation which are correct. I have T-nuts I can send you no charge (US)

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.co ... controller
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby enmity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 pm

brnrd wrote:The photo on automationtechnologiesinc.com can actually be considered as false advertising. It clearly shows the flexible aluminum z-couplers. If the kit doesn't come with them, then they should put a note stating that. The kit also came out short of one T-slot not and they didn't even offer to mail one to me. Instead, they told me how I can order them. It's a minor point so I won't pursue it further, but I'm not really satisfied with their response to my e-mails and it has made me reluctant to order from them in the future.

HA!! man I thought I was going crazy when I was missing one looked all over the room and everything for over an hour until I got fed up and ordered a bag from misumi. Glad to know I was not the only one.
enmity

Next

Return to ORD Bot